TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Express Progress Report: So Far It SUCKS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Now that it's October and eBay Express has been up and running for a few months, including through the important back-to-school season, what's the verdict so far? A boon or a bust? For sellers, has eBay Express lived up to its hype?

In a word, no. Our interviews with sellers as well as a review of comments posted on eBay's EE board indicate that sellers are disappointed, very disappointed in the number of sales they can attribute to EE so far. Adam Hersh of adamhershauctions told us he's only getting about three EE sales a week, even though he has 60,000 live eBay listings, and sells thousands of items a week through several sites. PowerSeller Andy Mowery of debnroo, one of EE's most enthusiastic backers in January, now feels it's "dead in the water." He says his EE numbers are so low that "they are not even worth our attention in attempting to make adjustments that might influence more sales."...

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m11/i01/s01

Footnote on eBay's Level Playing Field: the minimum feedback requirement for EE is 98%.  adamhersh (a PeSA director) sells on EE but has a 96.5% positive rating, 4,782 negatives and 3,164 mutual withdrawals.  Level playing field indeed.  :Smile
Part 2 of the article - interview with EE director Lara Bridges:

eBay Wrote:Many sellers we've spoken with as well as those posting to the eBay Express Board say so far they're disappointed in their EE sales. How successful would you say eBay Express' launch has been? Has it met, not met, or exceeded your expectations?

eBay Express is performing in line with our expectations so far. The primary focus of eBay Express is providing a new shopping experience on eBay that helps buyers find items in the eBay marketplace they might otherwise have shopped for elsewhere. Nine of out ten of shoppers who have made a purchase on eBay Express said that the experience met or exceeded their expectations. And our initial research shows that buyers who shop on both eBay.com and eBay Express, they are spending more time on the site, and nearly 25% more money with eBay, than those who have yet to try eBay Express.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m11/i02/s01
Quote:Nine of out ten of shoppers who have made a purchase on eBay Express said that the experience met or exceeded their expectations.

Happy001
That is because their expectations were so low to begin with.

Why don't those Ebay assholes spend more time fixing what is broken and less time coming up with stupid buzzwords like "finding". The word is SEARCH.  >Sad
Quote:Footnote on eBay's Level Playing Field: the minimum feedback requirement for EE is 98%.  adamhersh (a PeSA director) sells on EE but has a 96.5% positive rating, 4,782 negatives and 3,164 mutual withdrawals.  Level playing field indeed.
Bolding is mine.

Unfrickin believable. :blinkie

[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5715.msg30500#msg30500 date=1162480126]
Quote:Nine of out ten of shoppers who have made a purchase on eBay Express said that the experience met or exceeded their expectations.

Happy001

Happy001
That is because their expectations were so low to begin with.

Why don't those Ebay assholes spend more time fixing what is broken and less time coming up with stupid buzzwords like "finding". The word is SEARCH.  >Sad
[/quote]:
Quote:Footnote on eBay's Level Playing Field: the minimum feedback requirement for EE is 98%.  adamhersh (a PeSA director) sells on EE but has a 96.5% positive rating, 4,782 negatives and 3,164 mutual withdrawals.  Level playing field indeed. :Smile

Actually it's quit believable.

It's eBay remember?  Lol
Quote:adamhersh (a PeSA director) sells on EE but has a 96.5% positive rating, 4,782 negatives and 3,164 mutual withdrawals

Do adamhersh's items show up in eBay Express? (Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not about to give eBay any "hits" today to check it out for myself).
This was in the 1st article, Thentavius:

Quote:Adam Hersh of adamhershauctions told us he's only getting about three EE sales a week, even though he has 60,000 live eBay listings, and sells thousands of items a week through several sites.

So the answer seems to be, yes, the Ebay Poster Child  Snorting  is on Express.
:-[ :-[
Removing my dumb question 'cause I'm a day late and $100 short. LOL. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.
You do realize I had quoted your original question, don't you?  ;D

Pretending it's still there...my reply:

Posterboy replaced Brandon "I sold $8 million on eBay and spent $9.5 million doing it" Dupsky as a PeSA director after Sell2All filed Chapter 7 earlier this year.  Sell2All had a similarly abysmal feedback record (and then there was that little thing with Sell2All and the Overstock Spamathon Contest when O first opened.)
Pages: 1 2