TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Image Alt Tags and SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do the alt tags for images help improve a site's SEO richness?
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5730.msg30543#msg30543 date=1162498256]
Do the alt tags for images help improve a site's SEO richness?
[/quote]

You betcha!

The alt attribute is your friend!

Cheers

Can one of you lovely men please explain exactly what is meant by "alt tag?"  Love4

Yes, I'm sucking up.  Laughing7
Vintage Hankie Apron

The "alt" attribute above is what is displayed if images are turned off on a web browser.  So, instead of seeing a picture of an apron, you would see the text "Vintage Hankie Apron".

LOL!  :-[

Some browsers let you see the alt tag when you "mouse over" an image as well.

The alt tags would be text embedded in the code of an HTML page, and could presumably be SEO food. Not sure, though. If someone knows...
[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=5730.msg30552#msg30552 date=1162499025]
Vintage Hankie Apron

The "alt" attribute above is what is displayed if images are turned off on a web browser.  So, instead of seeing a picture of an apron, you would see the text "Vintage Hankie Apron".

[/quote]

After I asked, I knew how dumb it sounded. I knew what the object of alt tags was but I never knew exactly how to make one.

Thank you, FG!
Quote:LOL!    :oops:

Stop blushing, Thentavius! That's twice today.  Wink
Thentavius, you cannot possibly blush that much, lol. I am the worst blusher in the world and there is no way you can compete! Nono

Quote:Yes, I'm sucking up.  laughing7

Hey, girls learn to do that the minute they make their daddy smile for the first time. Laughing7

Quote:After I asked, I knew how dumb it sounded. I knew what the object of alt tags was but I never knew exactly how to make one.

Well, I must be really dumb, because I did not know. Tard

Edited to make a correction.