TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: boinkin text editor!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my quest to use all the smilies before I die, I wondered how I was ever going to use some of them. Well,

Thefinger Thebirdman  Confusedmileyazwipe: Fluck  osCMax take that!

I have worked 4 hours this morning and several hours last night. All I want to do is paste my shipping terms on the shipping page.  BangHead

I go to the frickin' editor provided by Max on the shipping page. I go to source and enter my perfect code. I use CoffeeCup and RagTag and have it perfect - just perfect. (I remembered firefox isn't compatable so I switched to ie). It mangled my page. At some points there are dozens of

entered. I delete them, but they reappear. At one point I had large chunks of text entered randomly with no formatting whatsoever, just repeated over and over.  Angry9

I go to the frickin' editor provided by Max. I try a copy and paste of my perfect finished page. It appears mangled.  Angryfire

I have tried a bazillion times to clean it up and restore it to it's original "perfect-ness" with the frickin' editor but it refuses to even listen to me. Keeps reverting back to the mangled version.

If I go in to correct the line spacing on the current version, it will continue to ignore me. So far I have successfully succeeded in eliminating the repetative extra paragraphs - but for how long???

Is there anyway I can bypass the frickin' editor and accomplish something? I've used every swear word I know (and a few smilies I never thought I would). Good Lord, I still have the TOS page, privacy page, FAQ page, etc., to go.  :blinkie:

(I still need to increase the width of the page and figure out how to get the "demarcation" lines in my graphic out of the side columns.)

I'm headed to www. bankruptciesRus. com. It's the only way!  Help
Molly - I can't help you with the editor, I've felt your pain  Tongue.

However, I had to comment on the excellent use of smilies. You are catching up to ~Bob  Walk Kim
Molly here is what u do
[quote author=xppman link=topic=5770.msg30701#msg30701 date=1162582688]
Molly here is what u do
[/quote]

Wave x-Man, this is all that came through. Did you use a really, really, rude smilie and get bleeped?
In Configuration, go to WYSIWYG Editor 1.7, then click DEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? Disable it and you should then be able to copy and paste your code into the shipping area.

I know it works because I just changed my conditions page like this.
Also do the same at:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA?
tick on "Disable" then update.

Then it should take your HTML

Now don't be concerned after that when you see stuff like

instead of
It changes the codes like that but still works.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5770.msg30707#msg30707 date=1162584149]
In Configuration, go to WYSIWYG Editor 1.7, then click DEFINE MAINPAGE use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? Disable it and you should then be able to copy and paste your code into the shipping area. [/quote]

Thanks to you!!  Thumbsup  Worked like a charm.

[quote author=xppman link=topic=5770.msg30712#msg30712 date=1162584979]
Also do the same at: PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? tick on "Disable" then update. Then it should take your HTML

Now don't be concerned after that when you see stuff like
instead of
It changes the codes like that but still works. [/quote]

Will do this too! Thumbsup  I wondered about the
- kept thinking I goofed when typing and kept trying to change them L(I've always used
... then I figured it out.  :oops:

I think the

;nbsp

's were because I sometimes leave spaces to break-up sections of text in the editor so I can find/read them faster. I always thought they were ignored in HTML just like extra spaces.  eBay never cared if I did that ^-^

But, I'm not sorry about using all the smilies in my original post!  Lol
Quote:Worked like a charm.

Laughing7 I am pretty sure that's the first question I could answer and I actually got it right.  Laughing7

Thumbsup to all of us.  Sunny
Well, you're on a roll now. I will continue to look up to you for more answers. Wink
[quote author=Ms Molly link=topic=5770.msg30731#msg30731 date=1162587517]
Well, you're on a roll now. I will continue to look up to you for more answers. Wink
[/quote]

Good thing you winked.  Wink In most areas my knowledge is still pretty pathetic.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2