TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Login timing out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When logged in to the osCMAX admin, is there any way to keep it from timing out so soon?

I frequently am working and doing other things at the same time. I leave the window open and when I come back, not long after, I have to sign in again. Most of the time, it's just an annoyance but yesterday, I was tinkering with a product description, got a phone call that slowed me up, and when I hit Preview, the damned thing timed out on me.

I know, I know. "Save your work."  Big Grin And I do, but I was making some minor changes and those were lost.

It just seems like the login does not last very long and I wonder if there is any way to make it last longer. Probably a dumb question...but what else is new?  Laughing7
Lol, Cranky. Laughing7

And Reg, or whoever, while you're here, please look here:

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg30835

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The session timeouts are set to 1440 seconds in /includes/functions/sessions.php and {your admin}/includes/functions/sessions.php

You can change the timeout period to a maximum 3000 seconds (50 minutes) by making the following change in both files:

FIND

[code=php]
if (STORE_SESSIONS == 'mysql') {
    if (!$SESS_LIFE = get_cfg_var('session.gc_maxlifetime')) {
      $SESS_LIFE = 1440;
    }[/code]

REPLACE WITH:

[code=php]

if (STORE_SESSIONS == 'mysql') {
          $SESS_LIFE = 3000;   //set to 50 minutes
[/code]
Thanks, Regi! Once again you make my life easier.  Love10
Love10 That goes for me too. Where would I be without you?
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5786.msg30858#msg30858 date=1162674517]
Thanks, Regi! Once again you make my life easier.  Love10
[/quote][quote author=Ms Molly link=topic=5786.msg30863#msg30863 date=1162676726]
Love10 That goes for me too. Where would I be without you?
[/quote]

Okay, okay, me too. Love10

WE LOVE REGIC!
REGIC Rocks  Headbang

We love you long time  Lol

smooch smootch  Tongue1

Sign10
:Smile

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=5786.msg30877#msg30877 date=1162690721]
:Smile
[/quote]

Happy001
Where is my fucking GYRO bitch?  ;D
Pages: 1 2