TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Changing a setting on a phpbb forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On gotbizbuds;
http://www.gotbizbuds.com/community/index.php

I want to change this,
Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

but cannot find the file to change it, does anyone know???

nevermind, I found it... Thumbsup
Had it in maintenance mode?  Wave
[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=5802.msg31039#msg31039 date=1162785238]
nevermind, I found it... Thumbsup
[/quote]

Don't feel bad, I forgot where the on/off switch was on some software earler today too.  :-[ Lol
I couldn't figure out why I couldn't check my email on my laptop - then realized I had my wifi antenna off.  We all have those days.  At least I hope I'm not the only one (sigh) Sign10
I had it in maintenance mode for over a month now...I knew it was in maintenance mode.

I just wanted to find where I could change the text, for the opening of the new forum...
Quote:We all have those days.

I've had a few mornings where I couldn't figure out why the coffeemaker wasn't working and then discovered I had forgotten to turn it on.  Big Grin
Reminds me......

I grew up with a mechanical engineer for a dad.  He taught us to not be afraid to look at a piece of machinery -- or plumbing -- or construction -- or whatever -- to have a very basic understanding of how it was put together and functioned. He always encouraged us, when the widgit was broken, to try to fix it before tossing it, because it was usually something very simple to repair once the ailment was discovered.

Back in the late 1990's, I was tearing my hair out trying to get my most favorite leaf blower (that I had used for the last 25 years) to work.  It was trying to die on me.  So, in desperation, I took the machine over to him, plunked it down on the kitchen table and proceeded to take it apart again for the umpteenth time to demonstrate everything I had checked -- or rewired -- or cleaned -- or whatever.  Still to no avail.  What in the world could be the matter?

He just sat in the chair, leaning over with his elbows on his thighs, hands clasped together, and stared at the floor, shuffling his feet a bit.  For a lonnnnnnnnng time.  I didn't say anything, cuz I knew he was thinking.  Then he looked up at me and said, "Gee, Vick.  Did you try plugging it in?"

>Sad

The machine got dumped.