TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Help with Categories, Please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So many things went right, I got over confident  Smile

I decided to put off more info box topics as I really needed to see how my site will work so I can describe the procedure. (besides, adding to info box looks like another can of worms  Icon_silent)

I have nine categories so far. That went smoothly

I have around 1,000 fabrics to list so wanted to add subcategories.

I go into Fabric and add the subcategories. ie. Aunt Grace, Civil War... works ok. (Figured out I have to add an image or the category name shows twice ie Aunt Grace)

It seemed reasonable to me to go into Aunt Grace and add those product there. They do not show.

I turned the counter on so I see they are there somewhere, just invisible.

I have tried adding product under TOP and moving to Aunt Grace... nothing
I have tried adding product to FABRIC and moving to Aunt Grace... nothing

I've also lost the test product that was there when Max was installed.

Where have I gone wrong  Icon_scratch
Try this and see if it fixes the categories:

bargainbloodhound Wrote:If it happens again after you add products or categories, go to

configuration>seo urls>reset seo urls cache and change the value from false to true
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=5831.msg31326#msg31326 date=1162953655]
Try this and see if it fixes the categories:

bargainbloodhound Wrote:If it happens again after you add products or categories, go to

configuration>seo urls>reset seo urls cache and change the value from false to true
[/quote]

Love10 Thank you BBH! Worked like a charm. There wasn't an option to change the value from false to true - just reset and that worked.

Icon_scratch Did I do something wrong along the way or is it the full moon?
Quote:Did I do something wrong along the way or is it the full moon?

It's an "issue" with Max. It could happen any time you add products or categories and BBH has the fix.  Wink