TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 5 Email Mistakes that can Hurt your Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:5) Send me ugly transactional emails
It has been proven that recency is a good indicator of future purchase intent. After all, I'm more likely to buy from you again if I have a good initial purchase experience. In addition, you might have products or services to offer me in relation to something I've just bought from you. And did you know that, in the world of email, the highest open rates belong to transactional emails?

So why do companies send me plain text order and shipping confirmations that don't try to cross-sell or upsell me something? If I bought a plane ticket, how about a deal on a hotel or car rental? Or if I purchased a cell phone, maybe a car charger offer? Why do I ever have to parse through a plain, unbranded text email? Plain and simple, this is a missed opportunity for further revenue...

full article: http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/12300.asp
Quote:5) Send me ugly transactional emails

This is a  mistake that at least 95% of my vendors make. UGLY, boring, something to file or not. Nothing to make me go back. Tongue2

Several months ago, I purchased an item from a popular ebay seller. Upon receipt of my order, they sent me a very well thought out and personalized email to thank me and provide a receipt. They also utilized the concept of cross-selling. They left me with a very positive impression.
A couple of days after my initial purchase, they sent me a shipping notification. Again, attractive and well thought out. Also personalized, including a note from the owner.

I was very impressed and determined to follow their example. And really, it is so simple with a little effort.

Excellent article Mandy----TY!! Smile