TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Checkout adds ability to invoice your customers via email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:If you ever need to send your customers a bill via email, now you can do it in just a few clicks from your Google Checkout account. Set a dollar amount for the invoice, compose a quick message, and send it off. Your customer will receive the email and pay using Google Checkout.

announcement: http://googlecheckout.blogspot.com/2006/...oices.html

the new feature (must be a GC merchant to view): https://checkout.google.com/sell/setting...lBuyButton

From the FAQ:

Quote:Can I send invoices to buyers and have them pay through Google Checkout?

Yes. You can use the Merchant Center to email invoices to buyers and have them pay through Google Checkout.

The invoices you email to your buyers will contain a personalized message from you regarding the requested payment. The invoices will also contain a 'Pay now through Google Checkout' button. When buyers click this button in the email, they'll be brought to checkout.google.com where they can complete the payment process using Google Checkout.

To email a Checkout invoice to a buyer now:

1. Sign in to Google Checkout.
  2. Click the Settings tab, then click Send an invoice.
  3. Enter the buyer's email address, your message content, the payment amount, and payment description in the appropriate fields.
  4. (Optional) Select Send me a copy of this email.
  5. Click Send invoice email.

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/...swer=53026&topic=8673
TY, Mandy. Smile

Great new feature, IMO. This could be very useful, particularly for custom orders or sites that don't use a shopping cart! Thumbsup
I read about this yesterday and actually sent a buyer an invoice last night. Up to this point, I have heard nothing whatsoever from Google and I can't find any place where I can view it online.

Fingers crossed.

Jo
Quote: I can't find any place where I can view it online.

It'll show in the orders section of your account when the buyer pays.
[quote author=joflora link=topic=5889.msg31939#msg31939 date=1163385046]
I read about this yesterday and actually sent a buyer an invoice last night. Up to this point, I have heard nothing whatsoever from Google and I can't find any place where I can view it online.

Fingers crossed.

Jo
[/quote]

Hi Jo---good to see you! Wave

Let us know what happens. Keeping fingers crossed. Big Grin
Ok, now this is slick! Thanks Amy! I finally found it earlier today. One click of the charge button and 7 minutes later I had approval!

For people like me that don't sell volume, this is going to be fabulous. I'm going to wait a bit before deciding but I'm thinking about dumping my merchant account and going with either Google Checkout or Google invoice everywhere I list.

I'm sure it would be a pain for volume sellers to have to do this all manually but isn't a biggie for me. I'm excited about this one!

Jo
I used it for a sale on MySpace Classifieds.