TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Code like a girl!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Do engineers and programmers care about concepts like beauty and elegance? Should they? Designers have always known that looks matter--that the outside (interface) matters. But deep in the heart of those building the inside--the technology most users never see--lies the sensibility of an artist. In a kind of "Design Eye for the Code Guy" way.

Witty and relevant blog post. Big Grin

http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_pas...a_gir.html
Code is code to me.  I think it's asexual. Big Grin
[quote author=regic link=topic=5899.msg31801#msg31801 date=1163265910]
Code is code to me.  I think it's asexual. Big Grin
[/quote]

Yeah, but I wonder who writes better code? :twistedevil:
Something along these lines.  What I wonder, is how do you code and/or create graphics for a unisex site without being overtly feminine (for me, since I'm female).  I always used to have all these pretty graphics and logos and want my pages all pink and girlie, etc.  now I'm realizing that if I'm going to cater to both genders, my site ought not look so girlie, nor should my logo.

What are your thoughts?
[quote author=princessmirandajo link=topic=5899.msg39293#msg39293 date=1167951830]
Something along these lines.  What I wonder, is how do you code and/or create graphics for a unisex site without being overtly feminine (for me, since I'm female).  I always used to have all these pretty graphics and logos and want my pages all pink and girlie, etc.  now I'm realizing that if I'm going to cater to both genders, my site ought not look so girlie, nor should my logo.

What are your thoughts?
[/quote]

I agree with you. I have had the same issue, and even though I sell primarily to women, I think it can't hurt not to nod to the men by not surrounding them with 'pink ruffles', lol. Big Grin