TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Account Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've decided to try a novel approach:  Smile

- ask  now instead of  BangHead for an entire day only to admit defeat later.

I do not want to require an account be set-up, a log-in or a password. Is there still a way I can utilize the wishlist or newsletter sign-up features. I guess I would like to have the best of both worlds ie. sign-up if you want, but not necessary. Is this possible  Icon_scratch

Right now I have account disabled with the wishlist enabled. I cannot purchase anything or place anything into the wishlist or cart. I only get the sign-in/sign-up page but it does not recognize my account sign-in. I can open a new account (if I can come up with an unused email address) and it will work for the 1 session, but will not work again if I log out. Any ideas?  ???

On another note, I did see a Max-mod for a guest book to be used for newsletter sign-up. I'm kinda nervous about installing a mod, though!  :blinkie:

And, where can I change the name Gift Voucher to Gift Certificate??  Icon_scratch

This inquiring mind would like to know  Icon_biggrin
Quote:I do not want to require an account be set-up, a log-in or a password. Is there still a way I can utilize the wishlist or newsletter sign-up features. I guess I would like to have the best of both worlds ie. sign-up if you want, but not necessary. Is this possible 

Wishlist and newsletter require an account.  If you want buyers to have the option of not setting up an account then 'purchase without account' should be enabled.
If you want buyers to have the option of not setting up an account then 'purchase without account' should be enabled.

I have "purchase without account" set to true. I still cannot Buy Now or add to Cart. I either get a white page that says "missmollyquilts.com" or the sign-in/sign-up page. I cannot purchase anything.
Try resetting the SEO cache.
That's not helping this time. This is the message I get:

http://www.missmollyquilts.com/product-t..._now/sort/
3a?osCsid=9b69829fce73932cb36f2c457f3e4b96

with: missmollyquilts.com showing on the white page

I'm calling it an evening and will try tomorrow.

Thanks for your help
[quote author=Ms Molly link=topic=5904.msg31869#msg31869 date=1163301452]

http://www.missmollyquilts.com/product-t..._now/sort/
3a?osCsid=9b69829fce73932cb36f2c457f3e4b96

with: missmollyquilts.com showing on the white page
[/quote]

I'm getting that message when trying to add a product to your cart.  Which templates did you modify/remove code from?
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=5904.msg31872#msg31872 date=1163305831]
I'm getting that message when trying to add a product to your cart.  Which templates did you modify/remove code from?
[/quote]

I have reviewed almost all the pages in oscMax (whew!) I do not remember altering any code as I would not know what I was doing. Basically all I have changed are images and colors/font via an
'  ' area.

I notice buy now and add to cart show action in the address bar. Would this be a clue?

/action/add_product?

/action/buy_now/sort

I have changed to "require account" and back to "account false" again; refreshed seo cache several times. I notice on the product page add to wish list still appears. Shouldn't it be gone if "no account" is set??

"My Account" still shows at the top. The only way I have removed it in the past is just to '' because I don't actually know how to get rid of it. (This is also how I got rid of the "product catalog" in the info box. That's why there's still a blank line there  :-[)

Any ideas?  I could go back to my Nov 2nd backup. But I don't think I had added any products yet so the problem could have existed back then and I just didn't know it.

Icon_scratch  Where did I see Sneaky's info on standing on a street corner?

Molly I'm not certain, but I think you can disable certain features in this file below by commenting them out to make them not show up.

includes/filenames.php

IM NOT CERTAIN... SO DON'T DO IT TILL YOU GET THE WORD, BUT I THINK I'VE
SEEN SOMETHING WRITTEN ABOUT THIS SOMEWHERE OVER AT THE oscMax SITE.
Sorry not yelling just don't want you to mess up further.  Wave

Perhaps one of the experts can shed some light on this?  Big Grin

Go try it now. I pushed a setting change through to your account's database and it should be working now (the changes were to change the 'use search engine friendly urls' to false and set SEO Urls to true).
Did you do anything differently and/or more than just "purchase without account - true" for your Store??

Try buying the fabric you've always dreamed of  ;D in my Store and see what my problem is.

Any ideas  Icon_scratch

p.s. I never look at caps as shouting. Back in the olden, moldy days, all programing I ever worked with was done in all caps. Not sure when it changed. Probably about the time the last dinosaur died.
Pages: 1 2