TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Law enforcement officials believe Internet auction fraud is under-reported
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Let the eBay buyer beware.

The investigation of Patrick Coffey, the former Community Medical Center security guard arrested Wednesday after being accused of selling up to $100,000 worth of medical supplies from the hospital on eBay, is part of a rise in fraud complaints involving Internet auction sites.

“I am doing them constantly,” private investigator Kelly Morse said of eBay fraud investigations.

“I’m working on about 100 cases right now.”...

full article: http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/new...d=17453717&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=416046&rfi=6

Quote:a rise in fraud complaints involving Internet auction sites

There has also been a sharp rise in news stories on auction fraud this year. Smile
But Wait!  But Wait!

I have it from CONFIRMED SOURCES that AT MOST it's only 1/10th of 1%!

:Smile
TY, Mandy!

Quote:Law enforcement officials believe Internet auction fraud is under-reported

Gee, what gave them their first clue? Icon_scratch Tard
My sister's apartment was recently robbed.The police told my sister they send the list of stolen items to the local pawn shops, but told her to check Ebay too. They said many victims of theft had a better chance of finding their items on Ebay than the pawn shops.
Angryfire

Local police departments need to create an Ebay unit.  :blinkie:
[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=5905.msg31895#msg31895 date=1163344946]
But Wait!  But Wait!

I have it from CONFIRMED SOURCES that AT MOST it's only 1/10th of 1%!

:Smile
[/quote]

I have it from confirmed sources that reported cases of shill bidding on eBay will drop by 99% next year when bidders' identities are hidden.  Hope this helps.  Smile
[quote author=amy link=topic=5905.msg31928#msg31928 date=1163369178]

I have it from confirmed sources that reported cases of shill bidding on eBay will drop by 99% next year when bidders' identities are hidden.  Hope this helps.  Smile
[/quote]

Laughing4
Quote:I have it from confirmed sources that reported cases of shill bidding on eBay will drop by 99% next year when bidders' identities are hidden.  Hope this helps.

Happy001 Happy001

Quote:Local police departments need to create an Ebay unit.

For real, lol! Laughing7