TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 20 things you didn't know about sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:1  Chronic snoring can be treated by uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, a surgical procedure that tightens the tissues of the soft palate and throat. Possible side effects include changes in voice frequency.

2  Another option involves injecting the palate with a chemical to harden the soft tissue. This is called a snoroplasty, derived from the Greek word plastos, meaning molded, and somewhat lamely from the English word snore, meaning snore.

3  Baaaa'd idea: A 2002 study by Oxford University researchers concluded, brilliantly, that the traditional practice of counting sheep is an ineffective cure for insomnia. The mental activity is so boring that other problems and concerns inevitably surface...

the complete list of 20  Sleepy1 facts: http://www.discover.com/issues/jul-06/de...eep/?as-o7
Quote:7  More than 100,000 car crashes in the United States each year result from drowsiness. Drivers talking on cell phones increase the rate by 6 percent, so don't call someone if you get tired.

aRGH................I hate people who talk on cells while driving. Especially on the frickin freeway!! Tongue2

Quote:14  The idea that it is dangerous to wake a sleepwalker is a myth. Given the things sleepwalkers get up to do, like climbing roofs and fixing insanely large sandwiches, it is probably more risky not to wake them.

Ha ha. I once took a bath (with my Barbie doll Big Grin  ) when I was 8 or 9 years old. I almost drowned, lol. Tongue3  The water was at my chin level (I was reclining in my pjs) when my Mom found me. Laughing7

Edited to add: I was asleep during my bath. :blinkie:
Quote:1  Chronic snoring can be treated by uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, a surgical procedure that tightens the tissues of the soft palate and throat. Possible side effects include changes in voice frequency.

2  Another option involves injecting the palate with a chemical to harden the soft tissue. This is called a snoroplasty, derived from the Greek word plastos, meaning molded, and somewhat lamely from the English word snore, meaning snore.

The best way to kill snoring is to lose your extra blubber.

Quote:13  Who knew it was that easy? A Muslim couple in India is being forced to split up after the husband uttered the word talaq, the Arabic word for divorce, three times in his sleep. According to Muslim law, the "triple talaq" is an actual divorce.

So.  Someone else was in their bed with them listening?  :Smile
Laughing7
Quote:The idea that it is dangerous to wake a sleepwalker is a myth.

Imagine: A sleepwalker is standing up taking a pee.  You tap them on the shoulder trying to wake them up and they turn around and pee all over you...OK, maybe it isn't dangerous but it's definitely disgusting to wake a sleepwalker.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=5909.msg31954#msg31954 date=1163399645]
Quote:The idea that it is dangerous to wake a sleepwalker is a myth.

Imagine: A sleepwalker is standing up taking a pee.  You tap them on the shoulder trying to wake them up and they turn around and pee all over you...OK, maybe it isn't dangerous but it's definitely disgusting to wake a sleepwalker.
[/quote]

Um, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww..................... :blinkie:

Happy001