TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: CSS Layouts Without Tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are the most flexible way to create attractive, standards-compliant websites. Even so, many web designers choose to stick to the original HTML elements that they are familiar with in order to implement their designs. For example, HTML tables are often used in order to create the seemingly complex layouts on some web pages.

This article will simply address the drawbacks of relying too heavily on tables for layout as well as the benefits of CSS. It will also demonstrate how to implement a couple of page layouts using HTML and CSS as an alternative to HTML tables...

full article: http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css/ar...hp/3642151
Excellent article, Mandy--TY!!

Timely too, as I just purchased an OSCMax template and I am totally lost in the CSS and PHP that this requires some knowledge of in order to edit. Tongue1

Html I can do;css seems to turn my brain to mush! Tongue2  In other words, I just don't get it, damn it! Smileyyellowbang 
(can't they come up with a code for people who think with the right side of their brains? >Sad    )

Anyway, this article actually made sense to me, lo and behold! I am going to print it and beat it into my brain as I play with the template files! Tongue3
Bell, I love css and I would love to help you out if you want. I don't know everything but I can dance around pretty good. Let me know!  :hoxmassnow11:
[quote author=PG :o} link=topic=5913.msg34993#msg34993 date=1165258612]
Bell, I love css and I would love to help you out if you want. I don't know everything but I can dance around pretty good. Let me know!  :hoxmassnow11:
[/quote]

PG, thanks! You are so nice! Love4

The template I purchased was for a site that I had to obliterate thanks to the lovely PR I am getting at Rosie's place. I ate the $159. Big Grin

I'm starting over with HTML design and an X-cart on a site they aren't aware of and won't be. Hate to do that, but sometimes you just have to let a thing go.

Anyway, I may ask you to help me with the CSS once I get it laid out the way I would like----if you really want to. Thumbsup
Yes, just let me know when you get the code, and I'll help you all I can.  Smileykoolaid
Thank you, PG! Tongue