TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Supermarket Cashier Humor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:ALTHOUGH they had been warned numerous times, several employees at the supermarket where I worked habitually came in late. At one of our monthly meetings, we expected the store manager to admonish them again. Just before the meeting was scheduled to begin, however, the manager walked in with a beautifully wrapped package. When asked who the gift was for, he replied, "It's a farewell gift for the next person who's late around here."

2funny

Quote:"Cash, check or charge?" the cashier asked after folding items the woman wished to purchase.  As the woman fumbled for her wallet, the cashier noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.  "Do you always carry your TV remote?" the cashier asked.  "No," she replied.  "But my husband refused to come shopping with me, so I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him."

2funny

Quote:IT WAS very crowded at the supermarket, and the customer in front of me had a large order.  As the harried looking clerk lifted the final bag for her, its bottom gave way, sending the contents crashing to the floor.  "They just don't make these bags like they used to," the clerk blurted to the customer.  "That was supposed to happen in your driveway!"

2funny

Quote:IT WAS closing time, and there were few smiles among the customers waiting at the supermarket check-out. The customer at the cash wanted to pay for her groceries with her pay cheque.  The cashier looked pleadingly at us and said, "I'll have to go upstairs to the safe to get more money."  The grim faces were brightened somewhat when an elderly man next to me responded with, "That's okay, dear, most of my purchases are for breakfast anyway."

2funny
Quote:"Cash, check or charge?" the cashier asked after folding items the woman wished to purchase.  As the woman fumbled for her wallet, the cashier noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.  "Do you always carry your TV remote?" the cashier asked.  "No," she replied.  "But my husband refused to come shopping with me, so I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
What's so funny about supermarket cashier humor?  They're just Working Stiffs like the rest of us.  Angel1
[quote author=regic link=topic=5931.msg31982#msg31982 date=1163436505]
What's so funny about supermarket cashier humor?  They're just Working Stiffs like the rest of us.  Angel1
[/quote]

:blinkie:
I feel sad when I see middle aged checkout clerks.  It would suck having 16 yr olds as co-workers. Their lives are full of promise and yours is..  Crybaby2
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=5931.msg32146#msg32146 date=1163545163]
I feel sad when I see middle aged checkout clerks.  It would suck having 16 yr olds as co-workers. Their lives are full of promise and yours is..  Crybaby2
[/quote]

I do too. Middle aged grocery clerks always seem so unhappy, as though they have nothing to be joyful about. They don't, really. :'( 
Poor, sad working stiffs are just so...........without options. Sad
Since my day job is working in a grocery store as a produce manager, I feel for the checkout clerks.

They have to deal with all of the customers, and they are the last thing the customer sees, so yes their job can suck.

But, in my area, the journeyman cashiers make more than most people that have 4 year degrees from college.