TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Wagglepop Trivia Contest!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A new contest is born. Big Grin

For the next 4 weeks, (5 or 6 days a week)someone will post a trivia question related to WP1 or WP2 (Regic?) The person who answers the most trivia questions correctly, will receive a gift.  Toothy9

THE GIFT:

An Italian(sterling)silver charm bracelet, with a hand-sculpted fine silver (.999)charm attached(retail value of $82).

Ex-Poppers, good luck to all and have fun!! Use this thread for snarky quotes, etc. Thumbsup Tongue1 Occasion14
Today's question:

In November 2004 this poster became the first person to have a post deleted by Ray Romeo on the Wagglepop forum at FAS.  Name the person and the reason their post was deleted.

:raypoop:
I remember his first fight was with vitalfinds, she was critical of WP hype, "being negative"  Ray told her to go away  :'( , but his first deletion .....

still thinking ::::::::::::::::::::::::::
TulipStupid was #1.  It's all explained here

TulipStupid Wrote:Ray's complete lack of caring about fraud prevention always bothered me, but since I'm extremely careful (to the point of paranoia Smiley ) about server security, it was his total lack of caring (and total unfamiliarity with) the security of both his site and user's personal information as exemplified by that email list out in the open (which I objected to 5 minutes after he posted it...2 minutes after my objection Ray deleted my post...the first of many posts he would delete on FAS) that bothered me the most.  He showed the same lack of regard for security when users complained that their credit card numbers weren't masked (quote is in the Auctionbytes story about the WP 1 launch)

EDIT to add: I think his lack of caring about all 16 numbers of users credit card numbers being visible last year is why the new Wagglepop only accepts PayPal.  Failing to encrypt, or mask the first 12-digits of a credit card number that's stored on a server database is a huge merchant account no-no and can get your account canceled.
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg14555

Sneaky,  Wave

I think you were correct in your answer, lol. Not sure, but Bbh can tell you.

And, why am I not surprised that it was TulipStupid, lol? Happy001  Now the question is, was it Amy or Bbh? 8) Laughing7

And, while I'm on this thread, we need another question please, admin person! Big Grin
Quote:was it Amy or Bbh?

I was the first WaggleSlap victim.  It was also the first time I learned that Ray had been made a mod at FAS.

TODAY"S QUESTION:

What auction software script did Wagglepop 1 use?
Rscript? I'm just guessing.
Rainworx
I always thought the name was funny . . . the "worx" would imply that the script works, which apparently it didn't  Sign10
correct answer
Pages: 1 2 3