TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: International Selling on eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:If your eBay ads read "Ship to U.S. Only," you're missing out on a lot of sales...

eBay now accrues 50 percent of its revenue overseas. While eBay's domestic listings grew a healthy 19 percent in the second quarter of 2006, it was a performance dwarfed by eBay's international markets. A case in point is Germany. According to A.C. Neilsen International Research, Germany has about 20 million registered eBay users, that's close to 25 percent of the population — a greater share than any other country in which eBay operates, including the U.S. Germans bought $6 billion in merchandise on eBay in 2004, the last year for which such data is available.

This growth extends throughout most of Europe and across the globe. The year-to-year growth for the second quarter of 2006 for eBay's European markets is 49 percent or more, while non-European worldwide markets fare even better, such as eBay Hong Kong (266 percent) China, (140 percent) Korea, (326 percent) Singapore, (142 percent,) India (77 percent) and Australia (46 percent).

Further, in August eBay and its rival Google signed a deal in which Google will sell eBay advertising overseas, allowing for potential overseas buyers to contact eBay sellers or Google advertisers with one-click calls...

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/essential...hp/3644911
Fucking eBay closed the door to the EU for US sellers when it made the default search on ebay.co.uk  EU only.

I've had to open another ID and start listing in freakin' GBP (and getting raped by PayPal on the conversion) just so the folks across the pond can find my widgets.

(Sorry.  Grumpy.  Need more coffee.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought sellers were complaining about that way back like last summer.  That the search no longer automatically included US when you stated you shipped *worldwide*.  But at the same time, ebay.com is showing ALL countries that state THEY ship worldwide. 

ebay.com is chock full of items from their other sites, sometimes to the point they smother out the US listings.  Also, if I remember, no one knows why they're doing it, either.

They made the change some months back. 

There was this giant sucking sound as my intl sales all went down the drain.

If I list on eBay.co.uk my items show up on the dot com site and the UK site.

If I list on the dot come site, my items show up in the default search only on the dot com site.

Even better, now that I actually hang out on the UK site these days, I've discovered that when you go to the UK site and the system can gell you've been to the dot com site, you get a little pop up encouraging you to shop ebay.co.uk!

TonguePPPPPPPP