TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 40% of survey respondents admit to Regifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:More people say they're regifting -- giving a gift they received from someone to another person. Is that financially savvy, or is it tacky?

That's the debate underway at www.regiftable.com...

..a survey done by MMI last year found that some 40 percent of respondents admitted that they had regifted. The main reasons were to save money, to save time or because they felt the recipient would like the item...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/As8f0ZW5...ches.xhtml
We had some wedding gifts that we recycled.  Really, a wedding is easy - there's a thing called a gift registry.  However, we got some gifts that we just didn't have a place for in our house - but that would have been perfect for somebody else.  We have one of those houses that is small and planned - there's just not room for things that aren't planned for.  Or maybe we're just anal  Smile  Regardless, I'd rather have room for unique things we picked up on our honeymoon than for the ceramic owl (no kidding) that we received at our wedding reception.  Oh, also, we decided to not have formal china.  Didn't stop one particular aunt from giving us one place setting of a Lenox pattern that she liked.  WTF do you do with one place setting of lenox?  Keep in mind that our invitations stated that in lieu of gifts we prefer donations to the American Heart Association, but if you prefer to bring a gift we are registered at Foley's, etc.

Jen
Laughing4

Too funny Jen. I wonder how many people just sell them on Ebay? Especially when you don't have a store receipt to exchange them.
Wink
Every present I give my sister is regifted garbage I had no use for.  Occasion1