TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Pied Piper of the Stores Board Posts Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:ONLY $1.20 to Try out this THEORY today. Why not be a risk taker! LOL
(3024 ) View Listings | Report Nov-21-06 08:35 PST

Ok for those of you who hate my silly theories please stop reading here! Wink Thanks!

For others, bored, and wondering how $1.20 is best spent today, you can try out an experiment If this applicable to the type of listing you have.

As you know with eBay it seems lately it is often a matter of stumbling into things. Whether its vacation settings, opting in or out (or both) of Express and the item number issue, etc etc. Well during the last fee sale I did something I never did before which is not going to sound like a big deal but its had interesting results.

The history - For as long as I have been selling I have been trying to figure out why people would have 10 of the same item up or even more (when cheating the 10 limit). Then when Meg said there were too many identical items messing with the buyer experience, but then Bill Cobb announced they were increasing the identical item limit to 15 I wondered , what is this all about? I mean say one thing do the opposite was intriguing to me .

So I decided to use that 10 cent sale to try listing some items in the morning and evening each for 3,5, 7 days . Using multiple item listings (since you can list 100 in a listing if you want to for 20 cents without gallery today.

I did not put gallery on any listing. I wound up selling a good amount of my yo-yos , way more than usual from listing that usually cost more and have gallery.

So that got me thinking that for whatever reason having the same items out at different times works, providing you have multiples and you have a good profit margin in the item to absorb the modest fees.

Interestingly enough, I also found that when doing this Express items (of the same NEW item) were up to the top (whether this was due to sales or auction listings I am not sure). But for a while I had the only item showing up in Express for the like kind item. Odd?

Additionally depending on your "Depth" and if you have a featured store you can push yourself up the side store box line.

All in all for 1.20 during this sale, if you have multiples of items and have had slow sales it might be worth a shot. Also this is one of the busiest weeks on the net for sales and a week most likely to asborb some quantity.

Obviously I cannot do this as well as some of you can because of the items I have , but here is what I would suggest trying as a test.

3 day, 5 day , 7 day listings for same item with multiples. Start one set NOW or close to now, and the other set this evening.

You are playing with 1.20, if one item sells you probably are ahead.

Also it will be interesting LOL This is best for NEW items for which you have multiples and try no gallery even if you are a believer since I never skipped gallery and was shocked myself.

Good luck! Report in with anything interesting Smile

Quote:postcards4sale  (Private ) View Listings | Report  Nov-21-06 08:38 PST  1 of 9
OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CAN SELL ANYTHING WITHOUT USING GALLERY!!! I'LL HAVE TO GIVE THIS A SHOT TOO!!!! GREAT IDEA CLACT!

Happy001 Happy001

Quote:For others, bored, and wondering how $1.20 is best spent today

How about a candy bar and a pack of gum or something?
Quote:Ok for those of you who hate my silly theories please stop reading here!

I did stop there.  :Smile
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=6047.msg33114#msg33114 date=1164220322]
Quote:Ok for those of you who hate my silly theories please stop reading here!

I did stop there.  :Smile
[/quote]

I think most people did--there are only 15 replies in 30 hours.  Eventually he'll stumble upon a "silly theory" that actually helps improve sales: OPENING A WEBSITE.  Smile