TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Top 10 Geek Girl List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CNET has a top 10 Girl Geeks List - Paris Hilton and Lisa Simpson made the list?
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/0,39029477,49285435,00.htm
Good morning, Mandy! I wasn't going to post today, but having my coffee and reading before I defeather the turkey, I can't resist. Big Grin

Quote:Is this a joke? Or is CNET just blatently anti-female? Paris Hilton? Aleks Krotoski ? Lisa Simpson? After a quick google search, how about any of the following? Adele Goldstine - Wrote the first computer manual ever (for ENIAC). Grace Murray Hopper - Inventor of the compiler Hedy Lamarr - developed technology in 1942 that is the basis of modern cell phones & wi-fi Cynthia Breazeal - Directs the robotics life group at MIT Jane Goodall - famous for her studies of chimpanzee social structure Roberta Williams - Wrote the Kings Quest series of computer games Emmy Noether - Mathematician - claimed by Einstein to be " the most significant creative mathematical genius thus far produced since the higher education of women began" The writer of this article should be ashamed. I hope his wife kicks him in the nuts.

Anonymous | Wed 22 November, 2006 6:34pm

Anonymous stated this quite eloquently, and I agree 100%. :blinkie:

CNET, could you be any more asinine and insulting? Get some REAL reporters (those without Wikipedia bookmarks, please). Violent1