TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New York City residents to spend 70% of their Holiday gift buying budgets online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:According to the poll, New Yorkers have the highest intended online spend, with respondents saying they will purchase $1,483 worth of goods from web sites, nearly 70% of the average New York City gift-buying budget of $2,137. Distant second and third in dollars were Orlando ($645 online, 32% of budgets) and Cleveland ($577, 47% of budgets).

Convenience and the ability to comparison shop are the main drivers for online shoppers, the poll reports:
• 58% said they shop online to save time,
• 32% cited the ease of comparison shopping,
• 29% said they found gift items online that are not available in local stores,
• 24% cited the value of free shipping,
• 17% said they are attracted by online sales promotions
• 17% cited easy last minute shopping.
• Only 9% said they shop online to avoid spending money on gasoline.

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=20600
Quote:New York City residents to spend 70% of their Holiday gift buying budgets online

I'm patiently waiting for my expensive gifts from my dear friends in New York to arrive in the post.  :hoxmas6a:
• 58% said they shop online to save time, YES
• 32% cited the ease of comparison shopping, YES
• 29% said they found gift items online that are not available in local stores, NO
• 24% cited the value of free shipping, YES
• 17% said they are attracted by online sales promotions YES
• 17% cited easy last minute shopping. NO
• Only 9% said they shop online to avoid spending money on gasoline subways and taxis YES
I am not a New Yorker. I gave up (for the most part) shopping in the RL a couple of years ago. Online is so much easier. Thumbsup