TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: HostGator Blacklisting AOL Emails Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey Anita - I just tried to e you and got this response:

Connection rejected: SPAM source aol.com is manually blacklisted

What the heck does that mean? 

Anyone else feel free to jump in here!
It means AOL emails have been blacklisted
MY SERVER blacklisted AOL?  What sort of lame brained idea was that?  I emailed support with a copy.  Angryfire BangHead Angryfire
I've often wondered how much legitimate email I never see because of spam filters...like the confirmation emails from WhaBam the other day that my server's spam filters were bouncing...or when ex-eBayer PirateGirl tried to email me and the email bounced back to her with a message that said her domain was a spam domain.
The good news is that HG was already aware of the problem and they say it has been corrected.  But, I would like to think that there should be something in place so stuff like that doesn't happen?  I mean, NO ONE wants aol on their blacklist.  Too many folks use AOL.  (Even my ex.  Can I just blacklist him? Smile)

I get emails every day promising me a larger penis, but somehow AOL got on the blacklist??
Quote:I get emails every day promising me a larger penis, but somehow AOL got on the blacklist??

TulipTools gets lots of those even with spam filters.  On the average day we get about 300-400 spam emails in our mailbox offering larger body parts, weight reduction, various pharmaceuticals, etc.  BangHead 
hmmmmmmmm

Maybe I should Spam my socks???

We get all the spam too. It was pretty quiet for about a year then all of a sudden.

Here it comes again.

Oh wait we have China now online and others as well.
So you know there are going to be folks who
will fall for the old "GET RICH QUICK" thing just for e mailing anything they can e mail.

What a joke it has become. SPAM filters and all. What a mess.  Laughing7

To return to my earlier hijack . . . my server has now blacklisted . . .
paypal.com

I am not a happy camper.  BangHead Angryfire BangHead

I've asked for an explanation.  If I am not satisfied, I'll be searching for a new host.  This is bullshit.  You can't twice in a week blacklist major business domains.
Was this one a manual blacklist too?
yep, manual blacklist.
I submitted a ticket.
I called.
I have been promised they are right this minute working on it and I should have an answer within an hour.
But this is bullshit.  They need to fix whatever the heck is happening that is making them blacklist domains that no one with a brain wants blacklisted. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4