TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Event You've All Been Waiting For...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smileydancing

Quote:***Preview the Enhanced Home Page*** 

September 30, 2005 | 03:13PM PST/PT

We are working on a new version of the eBay home page that will give you more ways to navigate to different areas of eBay and see more of what the site has to offer.

Everyone can preview the new home page, and soon a small sample of buyers and sellers will start seeing it when they visit www.ebay.com. The enhanced home page will require that you have Flash 7 installed within your browser.

http://pages.ebay.com/community/RMHomepa...me=CMDV:AB

:Smile
Sleepy1
Looks way too cluttered. 
Way too cluttered, and as usual it looks like eBay has completely ignored the needs of users on dial-up and users who do not have the very latest browsers...thereby driving away buyers who despite what eBay thinks aren't going to waste time making their PCs eBay compatible when they can shop elsewhere without any problems.

This:
Quote:You will need Flash 7.0 to view the new home page.
is going to make the redesign useless for users who don't have the latest version of flash or who have flash disabled in their security settings.

triple eye roll smilies for the new redesign  :Smile :Smile :Smile
I also noticed that due to whatever coding they've used, the whole damn page hugs the left side of my screen if I use Netscape.  It's ugly too.  Have some more, it'll get better looking... Smileykoolaid
[quote author=scarboroughseaashells link=topic=617.msg2342#msg2342 date=1128226826]
I also noticed that due to whatever coding they've used, the whole damn page hugs the left side of my screen if I use Netscape.  It's ugly too.  Have some more, it'll get better looking... Smileykoolaid
[/quote]

That's because only Internet Explorer users are able to apply for a job at eBay and so they don't have anyone who is familiar with Firefox..  :twistedevil:

Quote:This section of the site is compatible with Internet Explorer only. If you are a Netscape 6.0 or 7.0 user, and do not have Internet Explorer you can click here to learn more about downloading Internet Explorer to your computer.

Umm, yeah, the eBay jobs site is only compatible with IE...been that way for years.  :Smile

http://www.ebaycareers.com/jobsearch/index.html
Looks about the same  Tongue