TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Monster Data Port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I signed up for Monster Data Port for my Monster Commerce package, since it can do product feeds / live feeds to Google Base and Froogle.

Question:

Their help system SUCKS.

Does this thing AUTOMATICALLY do the feeds? Or do I need to do something to activate them? Hoping BBH, Maggie, or Amy knows something about this.

Never mind. Two days later and I finally got an email about how to use it.  :Smile
[quote author=TulipTools link=topic=5705.msg32446#msg32446 date=1163932251]

You don't need an RSS feed for Base bulk submissions.  You can use the MonsterDataPort addon which will build Froogle/Base files.  You can also use DataPort to create a Shopzilla feed.

I have the instructions for the old 4.1 version of Dataort bookmarked from last year.
http://kb.monstercommerce.com/support/qu..._feed.html

You create the Base/Froogle file and then upload it from your PC through the bulk upload section in your Base account.
[/quote]
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=5705.msg32500#msg32500 date=1163960405]

DataPort 5.0 exports in Froogle and Google Base formats.

http://kb.monstercommerce.com/developmen...ase_1.html
[/quote]
I can't get Data Port to work with my computer. Yipee.  :'(

[quote author=thentavius link=topic=6082.msg33442#msg33442 date=1164423434]
I can't get Data Port to work with my computer. Yipee.  :'(
[/quote]

It should work with everything below:

DataPort 5.0 system requirements Wrote:System Requirements

For DataPort v5.0 you will need to meet the minimum hardware and software requirements (including operating systems). For the best possible performance we recommend running above these system requirements:

Hardware Platform
    96MB RAM or greater
    Pentium 90 MHz or faster
    44MB of available hard disk space
Operating System
    Windows 98
    Windows ME
    Windows 2000
    Windows NT 4.0 (sp 6a)
    Windows XP Home/Professional (SP1/SP2)
Software Required
    Internet Explorer 5.01 or greater
Got the hardware and OS requirements met. It has something to do with the Windows SQL installation that tried to install. I'm going to try to reinstall.