TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Teen builds Nuclear Reactor in basement with parts bought on eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A BOY of 17 told yesterday how he built a nuclear reactor in his mum and dad's basement.

Thiago Olson, dubbed The Mad Scientist by his school pals, says he started work on the reactor when he was 15 and took more than 1000 hours to finish it.

He scavenged an old hospital breast X-ray machine, bought parts on eBay and persuaded manufacturers to give him discounts on other components...

full article: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_hea...-the-block---&method=full&objectid=18149574&siteid=66633-name_page.html
Interesting article, Mandy--TY!!

Not too sure I like the idea that the components are so easily purchased. Kind of scary. Confused1

On a related note, when I was a child, there was a family who lived near my Grandparents. A 10-year old boy in said family, enjoyed playing with chemicals in the basement. I clearly recall visiting G&G expecting to see the house, and instead finding an empty lot. Sadly, the boy blew up the house with both his parents and himself in it. :blinkie:

Moral of this story: kids with chemicals must be well-supervised. Tongue
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6085.msg33360#msg33360 date=1164380994]

Moral of this story: kids with chemicals must be well-supervised. Tongue
[/quote]

Or governments with chemicals must be well-supervised.  :blinkie:

Hope that kid doesn't have a blog.  Tongue3
[quote author=chiquita]
Hope that kid doesn't have a blog.  Tongue3
[/quote]

:blinkie: