TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: B.C. Ferries' security department to question eBay seller Blissmeister over logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:B.C. Ferries' security department is looking into an abortive eBay auction of what were advertised as logbooks from the sunken Queen of the North.

Spokesman Mark Stefanson said whether it's a bad joke or a case of misappropriated property, the publicly owned ferry service intends to get to the bottom of the online auction.

"We're trying to determine if they are actually logbooks or not," he said.

"But we didn't believe for a minute that they're actually the logbooks from the Queen of the North when she was sailing and sunk on March 22 of this year."...

The eBay auction came to the company's attention Tuesday afternoon after a seller using the online name Blissmeister offered "exclusive" Queen of the North pictures and "log books."...

full article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/s...y/National

Quote:It was all a misunderstanding says the B.C. man who had been reported to be selling the missing logbooks from the sunken ferry, the Queen of the North, on eBay.

The man from Prince Rupert, who calls himself "Blissmeister," had advertised what he claimed were exclusive photos and logbooks from the ship...

But speaking to CBC News on Wednesday, the man said he was just trying to sell nautically-themed dayplanners to complement pictures of the vessel.

"The thing with eBay is they only give you a certain amount of characters to describe your item in the auction title and 'dayplanners' wouldn't fit."...

full article: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbi...ferry.html

EDIT: The eBay seller has been booted to NARU land! 
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=blissmeister
Another "narued" T*S poster.  Violent1

Edited to add:

T*S is currently doing their "eat your young" act. :Smile    There is speculation by Blissmeister's friend, Base, that Bliss was simply listing a "fun" auction and never claimed to possess the missing log books.

In his defense (sort of), I can't condemn him as I don't know the true facts. I DO know what it feels like to have liars throw a party in your honor. Smile
So... Blissmeister presumably misrepresents ONE item and gets booted...

:Smile

Eh... I can think of a a few sellers who have misrepresented a handful more (um... thousands?) and are still among the ebay elite.

Or was he booted simply because he broke one of ebay's secret rules... no user shall make ebay look bad on a nationwide news network.

Laughing7
Quote:Eh... I can think of a a few sellers who have misrepresented a handful more (um... thousands?) and are still among the ebay elite.

Er, um, but, but.......................what about the much touted level playing field? Icon_scratch Happy001
Quote:Eh... I can think of a a few sellers who have misrepresented a handful more (um... thousands?) and are still among the ebay elite.

Yep. I know of two counterfit adult anime game sellers that have never been booted from eBay--but who singlehandedly ruined it for the rest of us who used to sell legit ones. They misrepresent the items and never get canned.

Quote:Or was he booted simply because he broke one of ebay's secret rules... no user shall make ebay look bad on a nationwide news network.

Yep.

He's probably also a victim of the "end the auction first, don't ask questions later" thing that happens to a LOT of us. I haven't read the actual item description, so I don't know if he was intentionally misleading the customers into thinking they were authentic log books--or if the description mentioned "joke" or "dayplanners." Don't know because eBay canned the auction, of course.

Quote:Another "narued" T*S poster.

I'm sure there are many more Narued eBay Stores Board posters, as well as Narued OTWA posters. At the risk of getting this thread moved to the secret area, I have to ask why you went out of your way to make this comment?

And this?
Quote:T*S is currently doing their "eat your young" act.

Bliss is half-hated half-loved most of the time anyway. It's not weird for people to pick on him and support him in the same thread.
Quote:I'm sure there are many more Narued eBay Stores Board posters, as well as Narued OTWA posters. At the risk of getting this thread moved to the secret area, I have to ask why you went out of your way to make this comment?

Well, gee, probably because I enjoy being ripped to shreds, virtually raped and maligned by liars and scrum, all encouraged by the owner of T*S?

Edited to add:

Just so we are clear, Thentavius, I am not condemning T*S posters in general. I actually like many of them. I AM condemning Ross himself. He is an egomaniacal, sociopath, IMO.
I am sorry if this bothers you, It is just my opinion. And, you will note that TT came in for a lot of unearned criticism in that same thread.
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6097.msg33530#msg33530 date=1164487701]
Quote:I'm sure there are many more Narued eBay Stores Board posters, as well as Narued OTWA posters. At the risk of getting this thread moved to the secret area, I have to ask why you went out of your way to make this comment?

Well, gee, probably because I enjoy being ripped to shreds, virtually raped and maligned by liars and scrum, all encouraged by the owner of T*S?
[/quote]

Well I've kept my mouth shut for the last time...

All I can say is here it goes again, and now that many have left or are only lurking who will you argue with Belle?

Forget it please, don't answer, I don't want to fight and I don't want to know.

I think I know what your ax is, Dirty. Not too into people who diss racism, eh?Whatever. Smile
Quote:All I can say is here it goes again, and now that many have left or are only lurking who will you argue with Belle?

TT traffic is up 30% since the scum stopped posting here, and TRS's Alexa ratings fell since they have been posting over there.  Gee, I wonder what that means? Icon_scratch

Btw, Dirty, if you can find 5 or more arguments that I actually started here, I will pay you. Smile

Quote:I don't want to fight

Oh, to be a hypocrite and not even be aware of it. Happy001
I tried searching for the auction on eBay but...  :Smile

eBay search Wrote:Feature Unavailable
This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have it available again soon.
Pages: 1 2 3