TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBayer Refuses to Bid on Auction because Seller's Listing said Happy Holidays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
:Smile ;D

seller Wrote:I listed some stuff the other night and at the bottom of the listing I put HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I wasn't really thinking very much about it..was looking at an Elmo that said "Holiday" on it and added "Happy"..that's it. I was just trying to make the listing look cheerful.

Tonight I received this email from a "potential" bidder:

bidder Wrote:Hi,
Nice item and I would have bid on it if you had used the traditional term of Merry Christmas rather than the what too many consider the way to appease those opposed to our traditions.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I had no idea this was a big deal, really. So, I went in and revised every single one that said, "Happy Holidays" to "Merry Christmas".

Maybe I just shouldn't wish anybody anthing..just act like there is no Christmas or a Holiday.

What do you guys think about this?

I don't want to offend anyone but it seems like either way somebody isn't going to like it.

Would you elect not to bid on a sellers auctions because it said "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" instead of "MERRY CHRISTMAS"..I'm just curious.

the eBay boards thread: http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?t...1000391491&start=0
Quote:
Cards on the table. I live in Birmingham, as I said, but I'm Scottish.

The thought of my old faithful (and Heathen) New Year being lumped in with all those Celebrations of God, in all his forms, makes my whisky hand tremble.

New Year is a whole 'nuther thing, North of the border (from England, that is - sorry EB).

Lang may yer lum reek!

Happy001 Happy001

Quote: 

The thought of my old faithful (and Heathen) New Year being lumped in with all those Celebrations of God, in all his forms, makes my whisky hand tremble.

New Year is a whole 'nuther thing, North of the border (from England, that is - sorry EB).

Lang may yer lum reek!

LMAO!  ;D You go, dude!
Quote:Hi,
Nice item and I would have bid on it if you had used the traditional term of Merry Christmas rather than the what too many consider the way to appease those opposed to our traditions.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

p.s. to this person. Apparently they don't realize Christmas is just a perversion of the original Yule celebration; centuries older, with nothing to do with "God."
Quote:BTW: I was thinkin' about "Meg bless us, each & every one" - for my eBay greeting..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote:

Lang may yer lum reek!

Sounds just like something my Dad would have said.
Thumbsup

those kinds of messages don't surprise me, but for the seller to revise all her listings afterwards, is just crazy stupid.

r-
You know . . . I am in a GRUMPY mood lately. (My mother moved in with me.  Somebody please shoot either me or her - I really don't care which.)

I'd likely have just responded with something like "and a Happy Fucking Hanukkah to you bitch."
Quote:I'd likely have jusj‌avascript:void(0);
Grint responded with something like "and a Happy boinking Hanukkah to you nasty kangaroo."

;D ;D ;D ;D
I either need to get a better attitude or change my posting ID here to something NOT the same as a selling ID.
(Speaking of which, I have a fucking stalker on the iron_chick eBayID.) 
Pages: 1 2 3