TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MightyBids Slams False Press Reports of Partnership with GreenZap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a MightyBids press release:

Quote:Revisiting what they had thought a long dormant topic, MightyBids.com, today, chose to publicly relate to it’s customers that it does not now, nor has ever had an affiliation with the controversial online payment service, GreenZap.

According to the founders of the Montreal-based online auction site, Peter Michaud and Jeff Ramaglia, recent MightyBids.com press coverage has lead to an increased interest in the site. With that interest came a series of questions from potential MightyBids users who express concern.

“Obviously the first thing people do- the first thing people should do before submitting any info to a website- is look into that site,” said Michaud. “In our case, some of them were coming across an old press release where these GreenZap guys said they’d entered into some sort of agreement with us. That press release was never accurate. It wasn’t true.”

Michaud says MightyBids.com was contacted by GreenZap in the summer of 2005, at which time GreenZap proposed a relationship of the two businesses.

“We told them ‘no, thank you’,’ and I figured that was the end of it.” Michaud explained. “A little while later we saw a press release from GreenZap saying we were partners, false quotes and all. At the time, I contacted them and told them to cease any and all use of the MightyBids name in any regard.”

When the press release was issued in September of 2005, GreenZap had similarly announced affiliations with BullGuard Internet Security and Hoist Fitness. As with MightyBids, no evidence of fact can be found in those claimed affiliations, either. Touting itself as PayPal alternative, GreenZap has been widely criticized for unscrupulous and questionable business practices.

“The internet doesn’t take down someone else’s story just because it’s not true,” commented Ramaglia. “Once something’s out there, it usually stays there until someone purposely removes it.”

Ramaglia says that while some MightyBids.com sellers might have offered GreenZap as an accepted payment method, MightyBids has never endorsed the service and does not recommend it to users.

“We’re still a young business trying to grow,” explained Ramaglia. “To do that, we try to offer Mightybids users the best online auction services, and that includes security. We never believed GreenZap offered that and would never tie ourselves to a questionable operation.”

http://www.mightybids.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=18
Wow. That GreenZap group is seriously deficient.
Why does "Ralph's Grocery" always pop into my mind when I hear that name...oh, now I remember.  ;D

I registered on MightyBids a few years ago but didn't list anything because at the time there were under 10,000 listings...now they have 416,000. :blinkie:
Quote:When the press release was issued in September of 2005, GreenZap had similarly announced affiliations with BullGuard Internet Security and Hoist Fitness. As with MightyBids, no evidence of fact can be found in those claimed affiliations, either. Touting itself as PayPal alternative, GreenZap has been widely criticized for unscrupulous and questionable business practices.

Some really unethical idiots at GreenZap.:blinkie: