TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bye-Bye Bill??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:We're hearing that there's been a shake up at eBay at the top management level. Philipp Justus Senior Vice President, eBay Europe is to move to take over Bill Cobb's position heading up the US business starting from January.

http://www.tamebay.com/index.php
Auctionbytes says false alarm

Quote: As announced in Germany, Philipp Justus is coming from eBay Europe to a management position at eBay in San Jose (U.S.). Some blogs had speculated that Justus would be replacing eBay North America President Bill Cobb, but Bill can sleep soundly tonight knowing his job is safe. According to eBay spokesperson Hani Durzy, Justus will be coming to a management role in the U.S. and may actually be reporting to Cobb...

eBay's Durzy emphasized that Bill Cobb and John Donahoe aren't going anywere.

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blo...29419.html
Too bad...  Tongue1 Kim
Quote:Bill can sleep soundly tonight knowing his job is safe.

It's a damn frickin shame! Violent5
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6170.msg34653#msg34653 date=1165070352]

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.  There's a good chance that Justus would have been the same or even worse than Cobb as a leader. eBay's Europe's management is as reviled in Europe by sellers as Bill Cobb is in North America.
[quote author=amy link=topic=6170.msg34674#msg34674 date=1165089083]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6170.msg34653#msg34653 date=1165070352]

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.  There's a good chance that Justus would have been the same or even worse than Cobb as a leader. eBay's Europe's management is as reviled in Europe by sellers as Bill Cobb is in North America.

[/quote]

I know you're right. Tongue3 

It's just that when I see that name, my mind goes straight to the SB after the last fee hike. I quickly recall all the devastated sellers who depended on ebay to support their families (many of them disabled or single moms)and were given the finger by Cobb and company.

I would so love to see him pay for that with his job (not that it would hurt him financially, but at least it would  be something). BangHead

more info on Justus:

Quote:The man credited with growing eBay Germany into eBay's top marketplace outside of the U.S. is coming to eBay headquarters to evangelize the auction platform. Philipp Justus, currently Senior Vice President and General Manager of eBay Europe, will relocate to San Jose and will report to eBay North America President Bill Cobb. The move is part of a reorganization at eBay that features cross-functional teams designed to promote faster decision-making focused on the user experience.

Vice President of Communication for eBay North America Brad Williams said the reorganization of eBay Marketplaces, headed by John Donahoe, was part of the company's annual planning process that determines the focus of the company for the next calendar year. Part of that reorganization this year is the creation of the Auctions Group, headed by Justus, and the creation of cross-functional teams...

eBay's decision to create a special group within Marketplaces to focus on auctions comes after the company's messaging over the summer about "rebalancing the marketplace,"...

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m12/i05/s01
Quote:Asked whether the creation of the new group could be seen as a sign that rebalancing efforts haven't been successful, Williams said that while eBay hasn't said a lot on the record about it, they are cautiously optimistic. "We are encouraged by the progress, so we're putting more behind it.

In other words, it's even a more huge failure than we could imagine, and someone needs to be made the scapegoat for trying to save the mess.  Uglystupid2

Tongue2

PPBBBBBTTTT  !!!!!!!!!!!!    Common051