TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Art Appreciation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[img width=600 height=448]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/329515493_3485f2014f_o.jpg[/img]

Richard Schmid/1996      "Snow Maples"    Oil on Linen Panel  18x24
[Image: 329490217_4cf9ed472a_o.jpg]
Janet Fish/2004        "Nan's Kitchen"      Oil on Canvas        60x60
My favorite thing about the second painting is the attention to detail in the tablecloth. I love the creases, indicating the cloth might have been folded away and brought out for use on a sunny day.
Good eye. I didn't even notice the creases. I like your interpretation of it. I thought that it might have been brought out to brighten a gloomy day.

I like your description also, Thentavius. Many would not have noticed the creases. Her attention to detail is meticulous---prolly one reason she is considered one of the best contemporary realists living. Contemporary, but she uses some of the techniques of the old masters, such as building color by glazing thin coats of oil+medium.
[Image: desertsky%282%29.JPG]

Albert Handell        "Desert Sky"        Pastel
[Image: GS0700.jpg]

Gary Ernest Smith        "Colorful Wild Growth"        48 x 72      Oil on Canvas
[Image: pBoa.jpg]
    Lady with Hat and Feather Boa, 1909   
Gustav  Klimt      69x55cm      Oil on Canvas
So far my favorite is Richard Schmid's "Snow Maples". It reminds me of when we were looking at similar country homes with the intention of buying a big old country place with land. We had plans of having a combination B&B, llama ranch and model car museum. We still haven't entirely let go of that dream. Maybe some day we will have the money to do it. Of course, by then we probably won't have enough energy. LOL
Quote:So far my favorite is Richard Schmid's "Snow Maples". It reminds me of when we were looking at similar country homes with the intention of buying a big old country place with land. We had plans of having a combination B&B, llama ranch and model car museum. We still haven't entirely let go of that dream. Maybe some day we will have the money to do it. Of course, by then we probably won't have enough energy. LOL

Me too, Mary. I love his work. I am hoping to take a workshop with him next year.*crossing fingers*

Btw, the painting was created near his home in Vermont.  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7