TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: May I have some PHP coding help please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just to be clear, yarn.gif was not there before. I added it after I adopted the php version of this thing. It put teevee.gif first for some reason [backwards alphabetical] so I chose yarn.gif to see if it would scoot it in line alphabetically. It did NOT, so it proves that what the instructions say about not having it filedate order is just BOgus.  :'(
Quote:He swears up and down that it will sort them by filename if you do such and such but it will NOT.

I couldn't get it to sort by filename.

Quote:Any recommendations on a gallery proggie that will do this?

The only gallery programs I know are very large programs like Coppermine and Image Gallery.  I'm graphics challenged.  Smile
Suddenly it works! I tried once more the change suggested which was
if (gsortorder=="asc" || gsortorder=="desc")
galleryarray.sort(sortbydate)
else
galleryarray.sort()

instead of
if (gsortorder=="asc" || gsortorder=="desc")
galleryarray.sort(sortbydate)

That did not work before, but now suddenly it does!

Sometimes, I think my server hates me. You know? BBH, thanks for your time, energy, help, consideration, etc. Since I'm on a roll I am going to try your original suggestion one more time and will post back if it works.  Occasion14
:o No, it didn't work, and now it isn't working again. Good lord. My server is the problem, evidently. It doesn't know how to alphabetize. I think AmericanBison should come before APferriswheel, but what the heck do I know.  :Smile :-X :-\

I will go away now.  Sad
[quote author=PG :o} link=topic=6277.msg36119#msg36119 date=1165808664]
:o No, it didn't work, and now it isn't working again. Good lord. My server is the problem, evidently. It doesn't know how to alphabetize. I think AmericanBison should come before APferriswheel, but what the heck do I know.  :Smile :-X :-\ [/quote]

Capitals are sorted first by some programs and file systems because linux/unix filenames are case sensitive.  You could have 2 different files in the same directory named: APferriswheel.jpg and apferriswheel.jpg
I might have what you are looking for on my image hosting site;
http://www.gotnetspace.com/pf.php?fid=42#

that makes clickable galleries Toothy10
Yes, regic, I figured out that it was capitalization! I did not know that about linux servers, though. It takes some getting used to.  Tongue

WGS, thanks! Since I have this thing working fairly well now, I think I will stick with it. I have all those pages to change over, but that's kind of the fun part.  :Smile
[quote author=PG :o} link=topic=6277.msg36223#msg36223 date=1165852554]
Since I have this thing working fairly well now, I think I will stick with it. I have all those pages to change over, but that's kind of the fun part.  :Smile
[/quote]

At least you got it working...which is more than I was able to do with it last night.  :-[
Good job, PG! Thumbsup

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=6277.msg36287#msg36287 date=1165869445]
[quote author=PG :o} link=topic=6277.msg36223#msg36223 date=1165852554]
Since I have this thing working fairly well now, I think I will stick with it. I have all those pages to change over, but that's kind of the fun part.  :Smile
[/quote]

At least you got it working...which is more than I was able to do with it last night.  :-[
[/quote]

At least you were nice enough to try. Smile
I will echo that, Bellisima! BBH was very kind to take the time to upload and debug that entire script! It's nice to know I have a place to come to to get help like this.

I've read a few tutorials on javascript and php. It seems like it is too easy at first, and then BOOM! I feel like I must have missed a big part. It makes me mad. I think the best way for me, personally, to learn this stuff is to take an existing script, and try to understand what it is saying in each part. But I don't know how I'd go about that.

I found a card game script that I wanted to adapt (make smaller). The first problem it had was that even in its original form, it would not validate html-wise. I wanted to know why. Also, when I changed its coloration, it wouldn't work. I wanted to know why. Nowhere could I find out, so I just gave up. But it was a fun game, called SET.
Pages: 1 2