TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: fluffythewondercat finds a home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the most fervent posters I've run across at OTWA finds blogging space at E-Auction-Air.  I haven't seen her post at OTWA in a while, but whose usual antics (at least since I've been there) are simply "interject & run".  There's nothing "fluffy" about her, although she does seem to maintain a small fan club at OTWA.

In a blog post dated November 29th she slams ebay store owners who can't cope with the fee increases in her usual way:

Quote:Guys, eBay was trying to tell you something a few months back when they
revamped Stores fees. The results are in: You didn’t listen. Only 6% of
Stores closed.

~and~

Quote:I try to avoid making pigskin prognostications, but look for
Store fees to go up again, perhaps next spring, and continue going up until the
math-impaired among you finally get It.

Tard

http://www.eauctionair.com/2006/11/21/is...thy-of-you

Of course, we all can't make our profit up in handling charges... selling 99 cent crap with inflated shipping.  I'm underwhelmed.

Cheers

Quote:Our seller received 113 feedbacks in the last 30 days. Assuming a 50% laziness
rate, let’s say that makes 226 sales. 226 times 4 cents.

Oh, you look. I’m afraid to.

$9.04 for one month’s work.

When I meet a seller like this, I ask why they work so hard for so little
return.
“It’s fun!” is a typical response, or “I’m just trying to get rid of
this stuff.”

The :asshat2: makes a good point there.
From a run in I had with her on OTWA she hates stores. She sells high volume core (used to be $.99) and makes her profit on shipping which she does not combine.

The example of a $.75 seller is not exactly typical of store owners who are not happy. I have excellent margins, but I am no longer willing to fork over a big percentage of that to eBay.

I didn't close my store, but I cut way back on it so the 6% doesn't say it all.

I would change the question to be "Is eBay worthy of you"?

Quote:And if you want to boost your eBay sales you’ll be better off listening to the masters of the game rather going Google-gaga. Maybe someday I’ll actually meet someone who has made a Gbase sale.

Hasn’t happened yet.

The above is from another blog entry of hers: http://www.eauctionair.com/category/contributors/

I am getting sales from organic searches some of which are feeds to Google base. I wonder how long the high volume/high shipping core sellers can keep ahead of eBay's shenanigans with fees? Kim

Excellent post, Kim! Thumbsup

Quote:There's nothing "fluffy" about her,

That is a very odd name for a woman who can not seem to make a post without putting someone else down.  Toothy10

Quote:n a blog post dated November 29th she slams ebay store owners who can't cope with the fee increases in her usual way:

As she does not own a store, why does she feel qualified to even comment on this? Icon_scratch
I'll answer my own question. She is a Boinktard

Quote:Of course, we all can't make our profit up in handling charges... selling 99 cent crap with inflated shipping.  I'm underwhelmed.

Happy001
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=6336.msg37147#msg37147 date=1166320859]
Quote:Our seller received 113 feedbacks in the last 30 days. Assuming a 50% laziness
rate, let’s say that makes 226 sales. 226 times 4 cents.

Oh, you look. I’m afraid to.

$9.04 for one month’s work.

When I meet a seller like this, I ask why they work so hard for so little
return.
“It’s fun!” is a typical response, or “I’m just trying to get rid of
this stuff.”

The :asshat2: makes a good point there.
[/quote]

Yah... I agree, Sneaky...

My biggest problem with her isn't so much the opinions she give (I do agree with many!) or the information she provides, but how it's provided.  When someone points the finger at ebay or pp for doing wrong, she can't just contradict the poster with information... she has to chastise, belittle, and insult them.  That's par for the course.

Quote:And if you want to boost your eBay sales you’ll be better off listening to the masters of the game rather going Google-gaga. Maybe someday I’ll actually meet someone who has made a Gbase sale.

Hasn’t happened yet.

That's the type of post I'm talking about... she can't speak much positive without slamming something or someone.

Big Grin
Quote:I am getting sales from organic searches some of which are feeds to Google base.

The majority of our sales come from organic searches.  We receive more daily visitors from Base/Froogle than our eBay stores were receiving from eBay.com searches this Spring.  :blinkie:

Quote:My biggest problem with her isn't so much the opinions she give (I do agree with many!) or the information she provides, but how it's provided.  When someone points the finger at ebay or pp for doing wrong, she can't just contradict the poster with information... she has to chastise, belittle, and insult them.  That's par for the course.

She's not on my buddy list at OTWA. Smile