TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Adsense Feature Now In Beta: "Advertise on This Site" Link In Ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Adsense Feature: "Advertise on This Site" Link In Ads Now In Beta Testing at a few sites:

see it in action here: http://www.askthebuilder.com/BuildingTips.shtml

the 'advertise this site' link leads to this page: http://adwords.google.com/select/OnsiteS...3743499945&referringUrl=http://www.askthebuilder.com/BuildingTips.shtml

and here's an explanation from adsense's support pages: http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/an...swer=23980&hl=en_US&ctx=OnsiteSignupLandingPage
Ad Sense Premium sites only  :'(

Feature to come out of beta and go live within 2 weeks:

Quote:Empower advertisers to bid for your inventory directly from your pages.

"Advertise on this site" links in your ad units let advertisers know they have the opportunity to place ads on your site, and enable them to act precisely at their moment of interest with the click of a mouse.

When advertisers click on these links, they'll be taken to a landing page from which they can quickly open an AdWords account and create an ad targeting your site. More advertisers competing for your inventory means more revenue for you.

A tour of the service is here: http://www.google.com/services/oasu/

Existing AdSense users can go to the 'My Account' tab of their accounts.  On the account settings page at the bottom you'll see the 'Online Advertiser Signup' section.  Click edit to upload a logo (100x100 max) and edit your site description page.
   Toothy9
Here's the default site description.  You can edit it to say whatever.

Quote: Site Description: 
You're only steps away from advertising on this site, a valued member of Google's diverse network of partner websites. The 'Advertise on this site' link you just clicked is part of an ad delivered by the Google AdWords system. Click 'Sign Up Now' to open an AdWords account and create an ad for this site in one quick, simple process. Write your own message, set the price you want to pay, and we'll take care of the rest.

You only get one landing page.  All of your sites will use the same page.

Quote:You can choose the logo, site description, and color scheme of your landing page. Keep in mind that advertisers will access the same landing page from 'Advertise on this site' links on all of your sites, so you should customize the page to apply to all of your sites.

Quote:Can I customize the landing page for each of my sites?

No. At this time, we only offer the ability to customize one landing page for each account. Advertisers will access the same custom landing page from ad units on any of your sites.
Quote:Do I get paid a referral fee for every advertiser I sign up?

No; Onsite Advertiser Sign-up is separate from the AdSense referrals feature. However, you should see a revenue benefit from new advertisers signing up to display ads on your site, as greater competition for your ad space will lead to higher potential earnings for you.

Quote:How do I know if advertisers are bidding on my site?

At this time, we aren't able to provide details about how many advertiser sign-ups are made through your links. However, if advertisers are bidding on your site, you may notice more CPM ads appearing on your site and/or an increase in your earnings.
Quote:What is Onsite Advertiser Sign-up?

Onsite Advertiser Sign-up is an extension of Google site targeting that makes it easier for advertisers to bid on your site.

When you use Onsite Advertiser Sign-up, your ad units will display an 'Advertise on this site' link that takes advertisers to an informational landing page with details about your site and the Google AdWords advertising program. Advertisers who sign up through this page will be guided to create an ad targeted specifically to your site, and only your site. When more advertisers create and target ads to your site, you'll benefit from the competition as it drives your potential earnings up.
[quote author=rose link=topic=647.msg2405#msg2405 date=1128358946]
Ad Sense Premium sites only  :'(

[/quote]

I take it back.  Ad Sense Everyone Sites.  Thumbsup
Quote:When more advertisers create and target ads to your site, you'll benefit from the competition as it drives your potential earnings up.

:blinkie:  This could also mean that if an advertiser buys an ad on your site and bids low you'll be making less than you normally do from AdSense and less than you would have been able to get if you sold the ad space directly to the advertiser..  >Sad ...luckily there is an "off switch" for the program and of course there's YPN now  :twistedevil:
It looks like this feature went live today  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=647.msg5123#msg5123 date=1132689156]

:blinkie:  This could also mean that if an advertiser buys an ad on your site and bids low you'll be making less than you normally do from AdSense and less than you would have been able to get if you sold the ad space directly to the advertiser..  >Sad ...luckily there is an "off switch" for the program and of course there's YPN now  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

based on very early returns, it looks like I was right about the possibility of lower revenues from the "advertise on this site" feature. Crybaby2