TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: X Cart Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok. I WAS able to access it in IE, but now I can't do that, either.... ??????????????
OK. This is really weird.

Since IE suddenly stopped working, I decided to try accessing the forums from my laptop. They load just fine, using Firefox or IE on the laptop. I can log in, post, etc.

Now--On a hunch, I went back in and tried accessing the XCart forums using an anonymous proxy. Guess what? They load just fine on the original computer again, as long as I go through an anonymous proxy service.

I also remembered something else. Just before the forums stopped loading in Firefox, I had left the computer on all night--with an X Cart forum window open and logged in. In the morning, I hit reload to see if anyone had answered my question--and blammo! The screen was white forevermore.

Yesterday, the forums loaded fine in IE. Last night, I left a window open to X Cart Forums again. This morning, I hit reload--and blammo! White forevermore.

Could they have somehow banned my IP for staying logged in all night? Does that sound stupid? Did my computer somehow block the sites? But if they banned my IP, I would think both browsers would have stopped working initially. WTF?

I've left TT open all night and never had an issue before...?

Edited to add:
If someone clicks on the link again, can you tell me if you see "thentavius" as one of the logged in users?
No, it doesn't have you logged in as currently active at 6:36 CT.
By the way, now I can't load the forums through FireFox on my laptop OR main computer. I can only access them through the IE on my laptop, and I'm afraid I'll lose that, too.

I have NO idea what's going on.
Are you using the same ISP with the laptop and PC?
Yes. Earthlink DSL
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=6405.msg38201#msg38201 date=1167179122]
Yes. Earthlink DSL
[/quote]

Oh.  Lol

I can see it with Earthlink Cable.
LOL!

It turns out that it was an error on THEIR end.

Using my last doorway (IE through the laptop), I posted an appeal on the boards--just in case someone knew what the heck was going on.

I got a response from one of the techies who tweaked something on their end, apologized, and told me to dump my cookies and try again. it now works from ALL computers and ALL browsers!                Big Grin ;D
So glad it's finally fixed for you.
Thanks, Mary. I'm also glad it wasn't something I did on my end. I couldn't figure out what on earth it would have been, anyway. I hadn't changed anything at all, anywhere. LOL.

It's still giving me intermittent problems with FireFox, but IE is working fine all the time now.
Pages: 1 2