TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Pulling Listings That Contain Sellers Email Addresses For Fee Avoidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000092932&tstart=0&mod=1128348761478

part of notice ebay sent seller:

Quote:We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

Please e-mail any questions prior to bidding.
http://xxxx-xxxxx.com/ebay/buttons/contact.png

Users may not use systems or techniques to circumvent, or avoid, eBay fees. Listings that circumvent (avoid) fees may provide a poor buying experience and create an unlevel playing field by penalizing sellers who pay all of their eBay fees. Further, these listings undermine the trust of eBay’s marketplace.Listings with an email address or domain name in the title are not permitted.IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you relist this, or any other item that violates eBay policy, your eBay privileges could be suspended. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue this relationship, so we must ask you to refrain from further violations of the User Agreement and eBay policy.

The user's listing contained a graphic with a 'contact us' button with an  email address in the description, but there was no email address or domain in the title.  The "level playing field" comment is unbelievable considering many of eBay's top sellers listings containtheir email addresses and links to their web sites (see the "fulfillment by j.ayandmarie.com" button in every one of the PeSA Cowboy's listings as an example)
And yet the KWS continues.  I am amazed at the number of KWS listings I see.  I gave up over a year ago reporting these KWS listings.  This goes to show you where eBay's priorities are....less on the buyers' experience and more on collecting every drop of blood they can from their sellers.  It seems if the buying experience was a little better, maybe they would collect more FVFs.  Go figure.
[quote author=catholicemporium link=topic=650.msg2404#msg2404 date=1128358035]
This goes to show you where eBay's priorities are....less on the buyers' experience and more on collecting every drop of blood they can from their sellers. [/quote]

I think that is why they pulled his listing: he listed a featured auction for $7 on eBay India instead of paying almost $84 to list it on eBay.com...definite fee avoidance (in eBay's eyes only)  Smile

Hmmh

That’s funny ebays POLICY STATES:

eBay allows sellers to place only certain types of links within an item description. (See the Links Frequently Asked Questions for the definition of a link.) Links that are permitted are listed below; sellers should review the specific link’s policy by clicking on it to ensure any links included in the listing adhere to the policies outlined.
One link to a page that further describes the item being sold in that listing
One link to your email address that opens an email client for potential buyers to ask questions about the item in that listing

Here is their LINK.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

I better go run and put a gif there instead of what I have now:

If you have questions about our items please feel free to contact us at
auctions@tlcwoodworks.com

They have been screwing with me over the last few weeks over BS similar to this.

If I get suspended I'm going to sue their A$$es.