TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock changes name of Auctions tab to Merchant Auctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The auctions tab on the main Overstock site has been renamed "merchant auctions" Smile
Totally bizarre.

Are they hoping for a just-powersellers type of thing? If so, they should have left the subscription plans intact.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=6427.msg38063#msg38063 date=1166976703]
Are they hoping for a just-powersellers type of thing? [/quote]

They've been headed in that direction for awhile.  The majority of the listings on the site are Enterprise or BuySafe Bonded, and they've openly stated several times that they favor larger sellers and don't provide a level playing field. 

I've thought for a long time that their goal is to be the next uBid not the second coming of eBay, and so I do think the day is coming when BuySafe Bonded will be a requirement to sell on the site...the tab name change to "merchant auctions" reinforces that feeling.
So, why did they screw with the subscription plans. Any ideas? Do they know the bulk sellers they're courting won't stay around if they have to pay a high price per item?
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=6427.msg38067#msg38067 date=1166981706]
So, why did they screw with the subscription plans. Any ideas? [/quote]

No idea, but I'm sure they made exemptions on the subscription plan changes...it wouldn't be Overstock if someone wasn't getting a secret favorable rate deal (said from my past experience of receiving free listings for over a year). :blinkie:
Gotcha.
Quote:I've thought for a long time that their goal is to be the next uBid

They've already 'borrowed' uBid's stacked tabs look...  Big Grin

Some quotes from the Overstock boards

Quote:(post deleted by moderator)

;D

That says more than the original post.

;D