TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay.com and eBay.ca 15 cent listing sale December 27, 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eBay.com

Quote:When is it?
One day only, starting Wednesday, December 27, 2006 between 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second on Wednesday, December 27, 2006) and ending that same day at 23:59:59 PT(11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

What are the fees?
Insertion fees for Fixed Price and Auction style listings will be revised on the U.S. site www.eBay.com and eBay Motors (Parts & Accessories only) www.eBayMotors.com as reflected in the fee table below. This includes listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period December 27, 2006.

What is excluded?
This promotion will not apply to the following types of listings: eBay Motors vehicles categories (Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Power Sports, Other Vehicles), International, Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate, Ad Format and Store Inventory listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the 15¢ Insertion Fee Sale: tractors & farm machinery (91952), heavy equipment (25249), concession trailers, carts (67145), imaging and aesthetics equipment (92035), forklifts and other lifts (97185), manufacturing equipment (92080), metalworking equipment (92082) and commercial printing presses (26247).

The promotional rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to December 27, 2006 - including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created on December 27, 2006 and scheduled to start after the promotion ends.
How do you get the promotion price?
You can list Fixed Price and Auction-style items through Sell Your Item Form, eBay Seller Tools, and most third-party tools.

*Optional Listing Upgrade Fees: Border, Bold, Buy It Now, Featured Plus!, Highlight, Gallery, Gallery Plus, Home Page Featured, Gallery Featured, Gift Services, Reserve listing fee, Listing Designer, Picture Services, Picture Show, Subtitle, Supersize Picture and extended duration surcharges.

more info: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/holiday06/?s...me=CMDV:AB

eBay.ca

Quote:  When is it?
One day only, starting Wednesday, December 27, 2006 between 00:00:01 ET (12:00 AM plus one second on Wednesday, December 27, 2006) and ending that same day at 23:59:59 ET (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

How Does it Work?

Insertion fees for Fixed Price and Auction style listings will be revised on eBay.ca as reflected in the fee table below. The reduced fees will be immediately reflected on the site. Please note the exclusions below.

Listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period December 27, 2006 will be eligible for the promotional fee. This promotion is for all users on both eBay.com & eBay.ca. There is a similar promotion occurring on eBay.com in Pacific Time.

Who is Included?
All users who list in Auction style & Fixed Price will be eligible for the promotion. Please note the exclusions below. Items re-listed that match the above eligibility will qualify for the promotion. Items listed in two categories will receive the promotional fee for each category.

What is excluded?

Motors Vehicles, Real Estate, Business & Industrial Capital Equipment and Store Inventory listings will not be included in this promotion. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion on December 27, 2006, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

more info: http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/15CLD1227/
Listings have gone from under 9 million to 11.5+ million.  Last year's listing sale pushed the total over 17 million.

No, I didn't list anythng on eBay today.  Smile
I listed some more expensive items that probably won't sell because I was bored at work.

I sold 4 "core" listings yesterday that I listed as an experiment. eBay's take was 20% between listing and FVF including the stuff that didn't sell Yuk Kim
Quote:eBay's take was 20% between listing and FVF including the stuff that didn't sell

Now I remember why we don't list there.  It's the stuff that doesnt sell (i.e. the relisting fees) that really get you.

Quote:Last year's listing sale pushed the total over 17 million.

15.2 million this year
I didn't list anything, either. I almost forgot my main username password, too!    Big Grin