TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Zen Cart releases v 1.37 with PayPal Express Checkout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Zen Cart v1.3.7 is officially PayPal-Certified for Express Checkout (for US merchants)

PayPal Express Checkout
(ONLY supports North American PayPal accounts at the present time (ie: UK merchants *not* yet supported))
NOTE: This is *not* Website Payments Pro -- it is presently only Express Checkout, which can be used with any North-American-based PayPal "business" or "premier" account. See the configuration instructions for setup details.

Some of the features include:

* NO LONGER RELIES ON IPN POST-BACKS TO RELEASE ORDERS
    * Requires CURL for operation, and supports CURL by Proxy if required by hosting server
    * Customers can initiate Express Checkout directly from the Shopping-Cart page or from the Login page (if they have something in their shopping cart already)
    * Depending on configuration settings, checkout could be done in two clicks at your site (apart from processing login and address selection on the PayPal site).
      - can auto-select "cheapest"-available shipping method for the customer
      - can skip the payment-selection page if no coupons or gift certificates are active
      - customer can jump directly from PayPal page to confirmation page to complete an order
    * PayPal can still be selected from the regular payments page as a regular option instead of Express Checkout if the customer prefers or requires such an approach.
    * PayPal invoices can now include detailed line-item transaction information (as long as no discounts were applied to the order)
    * Merchant can now "require" that the customer supply a PayPal-"confirmed" address
    * If an account doesn't already exist for the customer using express-checkout, it is auto-created for them. If the customer purchases downloads or gift certificates, their password is emailed to them along with the create-account welcome message. This can be always-on by default if the module's settings are configured as such.
    * Supports all 17 currencies supported by PayPal
    * Refund all or part of an order directly from Admin
    * PayPal page-style support built-in
    * Still uses IPN functionality to update orders when status is changed in PayPal account, but orders will not be held
    * Older PayPal IPN payment module can still be used, or can be turned off in lieu of this one
Quote:Other Features Added in v1.3.7:

* Split login page -- is auto-activated if using PayPal Express Checkout with an active cart. Can also be enabled by default via a Layout switch in the admin area, regardless of PayPal module status.
    * Logoff button added to Checkout-Success page
    * Stylesheet: Added #indexHomeBody to identify the "home" page. This also means that a css file named "home.css" can now optionally be used to override just the home page.
    * Breadcrumb switch for Home page: Added switch to Admin->Configuration->Layout Settings for breadcrumb to show on home page or not
    * Security-sensitive configuration keys (such as passwords) can now be set to be displayed obfuscated. New functions added: zen_cfg_password_input() & zen_cfg_password_display() allow this.
    * Refund Support for compliant payment modules: Admin orders page can now hook into an order-refund method if a given payment module has support for such built-in.
    * Credit Card choice auto-selection - Credit Card fields on built-in payment modules will now auto-select that payment module if the customer clicks in one of the fields for the module. This prevents the need for them to click on a certain radio-button to choose their desired module.
    * Shipping Estimator now has dynamically-updated pulldowns similar to create-account
    * Copyright Date now auto-updates based on current year

full announcement with list of changes and bugfixes: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54615
We have too many modifications to upgrade all of our stores with each .01 release. We'll upgrade after 1.4 comes out.
[quote author=amy link=topic=6479.msg38836#msg38836 date=1167688593]
We have too many modifications to upgrade all of our stores with each .01 release. We'll upgrade after 1.4 comes out.
[/quote]

That's the same problem we're having Amy.
I just completed a new cart the end of November and it's now 2 versions behind.  Sad

I started on another new one this past month, so now it's a version behind too.  Thank goodness I haven't done too much to it yet so it won't be too bad to upgrade maybe.

I'm wanting to redo our driftwood site (1.2.7) but I'm tempted to wait a while longer now.
I could care less about the PayPal part, but I really would like to use that split-login. Smile
Our 4 carts are all v1.35 (with security patches).  We just upgraded them from 1.27 in August/September.
The driftwood site was our first one and I KNOW the overrides weren't done properly, so I've been putting off an upgrade.

I figured a fresh install would be best and I'd really like to change hosts while I'm at it.  I'm just worried about moving my customer database and not losing it.  Everything else is easily replaceable...except maybe a couple of mods I have installed.
Quote:I figured a fresh install would be best

That's what we did.

Quote:I'd really like to change hosts while I'm at it.  I'm just worried about moving my customer database and not losing it.

Make 2 backups before moving.  You shouldn't have any problems moving.  You can use phpmyadmin to upload the database to a new server.
You make it sound much easier than I thought it would be. Smile
I've always had an irrational fear of messing with the database.  LOL

I really appreciate the help!
my cart (cre loaded) is version patch06 and since then 3 new versions have come out.

I have extremely modified the cart, to have the url's modified.  I paid a small fortune to an offshore comapny to make the url's like they are.  It involved way more programming knowledge than I could even begin to undertand, so I am going to hold off for awhile before I do any upgrades.