TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Is it right or wrong to submit your own content to Digg?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:irst of all, the unofficial rule of Digg is: don’t submit your own stuff. I understand where this comes from, but I’m still against it. In my opinion, if a Digg user enters his real website in his Digg profile and submits his own stories, it shows a certain degree of honesty. Spammers rarely do that - they would rather hide their identity. I know that this stems from thousands of spammers out there who keep submitting every story from their website, but I also think that the good stuff is easily recognizable from spam and that the quality of content should be the only merit for digging or burying a site.

As you may know, when a certain number of Digg users buries a story as spam, the site will get banned. And as Digg staff pointed out many times in email correspondence with various webmasters, “It will not be unbanned”. Now, this is pretty scary stuff...

full article: http://franticindustries.com/blog/2007/0...to-others/
Quote:First of all, the unofficial rule of Digg is: don’t submit your own stuff.

I agree 100% with that rule.  Digg would be Spam4 city if submitting your own stuff wasn't frowned upon.
[quote author=rose link=topic=6523.msg40184#msg40184 date=1168583428]
Quote:First of all, the unofficial rule of Digg is: don’t submit your own stuff.

I agree 100% with that rule.  Digg would be Spam4 city if submitting your own stuff wasn't frowned upon.
[/quote]

Rose, do you really thing that that rule prevents spam?  Icon_scratch
It seems to me that a person bent on spamming will simply find someone else (a friend, family member, etc.) to submit their content. Spam4

Quote:the quality of content should be the only merit for digging or burying a site.

I agree with the author. The fact that spam gets buried, should (at least seemingly) prevent a lot of the spamming.