TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay! Raises! Core! FEES!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:probably will generate some increased revenue for the company

It's weird to me that this doesn't ring true. If they were concerned about revenue from sellers it seems like they would show some sense of alarm about the quality sellers who have left. I guess we are the "wrong" kind of revenue??? Tell me again how the $.99 fee avoiders create revenue?? Kim

Edited to add--oh yeah. Paypal...
Quote:"It's easy to make (eBay's fee increases) seem like they're not much" by describing them as merely an extra nickel or a quarter-percentage point uptick, Wingo said. "But it's substantial" for users who sell higher-priced items...

It's also substantial for anyone who lists more than, say, 10 items. It gets more substantial at 50. 100. 1,000. 10,000.
Quote:Still, Weinstein concurred with several other analysts who said the increases announced late Wednesday, which will take effect Jan. 30, are unlikely to prompt a significant backlash among eBay users

The backlash lasted a day and died.  The increases were smaller than I was expecting.
Quote:The backlash lasted a day and died.  The increases were smaller than I was expecting.

Yep. Everyone was expecting it. While it has a financial impact on some companies, most are so jaded it really made no difference...  :-\
Pages: 1 2