TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: I can't be this dumb!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Help. Why is this so difficult?  First of all, I use tuliphosting (I'm brand new to all this thanks), I have a domain (obviously) and currently my site is uploaded and seems to be working well.

Problem?  I want an images folder that tuliphosting will host, so I have one, right - just click on the randa-avenue.com in the file manager, there's an image folder.  So I'm uploading (and having minor issues, but I've already opened a ticket for that), but uh, how do I get the link to the image I've uploaded so I can use it in the HTML?

ya know, like if you use photobucket, it has the img tag and you copy and paste the link.  Where do I find this info on my own site?!

Am I really this dumb?
Check this out:

http://randa-avenue.com/images/

Edited to add:

Right click and use the image location.

(Later on, you might want to add a blank index.html to this directory to keep people from snooping).

ok 1) how did you do that?

2) why wait till later? I'm sure with help I can add this blank file. Smile
so why are my pictures x's? 

edited:  Ok now they are not x's.  What the h is going on???

Then - should I just save a blank notepad file as the index on that directory?
Quote:(Later on, you might want to add a blank index.html to this directory to keep people from snooping).

How do you do that?
Just open up your HTML program (or notepad) and make a blank document. Save it as "index.html" and upload it to the /images/ directory (or any directory like that).

Anytime someone tries to access the directory files, it will show a blank page.

I use my image directories to work from while I'm building a site--then at the end, I stick in a blank index page. Or, you can also use .htaccess.

Edited to add: obviously if you need to use the images directory again, temporarily delete the blank index page and put it back when you're done. Kinda like locking the door.
princess, your images look great to me when I click on the links. Maybe it was just a temporary delay in showing them?

[quote author=princessmirandajo link=topic=6538.msg39236#msg39236 date=1167930195]

Then - should I just save a blank notepad file as the index on that directory?
[/quote]

That'll work.  Name the file index.html  Smile

EDIT: Thentavius  answered the question while I was typing.
way cool.  I'll have to back and redo the coding on those pages, but I don't have time right now.  Is there any way to edit your files without having to delete and re-upload them to the host???

I'm glad I moved over to a paid host.  It's already much faster.  I can't wait to get my store started on here too! yipppeeee :turkey2: :turkey2:
[quote author=princessmirandajo link=topic=6538.msg39249#msg39249 date=1167932027]
Is there any way to edit your files without having to delete and re-upload them to the host???
[/quote]

Yes.  You can edit them through the file manager in the control panel.

[quote]How do I edit my files?
Beside each and every file you will see the [Image: ed.gif] icon, indicating that you can edit this file type. Click on that icon to view and edit the contents of the file using the File Manager
Pages: 1 2 3