TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New server, new x-cart install... bad error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I've got my tech support working on this, but in the meantime, any ideas?

http://www.antique-collector.net/xcart/install.php

I think it's more than a permissions issue, but I'm not certain.

BangHead
Quote: any ideas?

You're using the enemy  (Windows server/IIS)  :twistedevil: so I refuse to help.

[translation: I have 9 years of Linux/Apache server experience, 0 days of IIS/Windows experience.  I'm completely clueless about Windows servers beyond knowing that IIS stands for Internet Information Services  :-[ ]

Quote:You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.

If IIS is anything like Apache, then the CGI/executable directories need to be set in the IIS config file (if it has a config file)....told you I'm useless.  :-[

Thanks anyway, BBH...

Hopefully I'll be getting a call soon to let me know it's been worked out.

I was hoping to have x-cart installed by this weekend so I could begin learning it... that may not be the case, though..

We'll see...

IIS Challenged #2 checking in.  ;D
windows servers just do not work with php programs, without a ton of coding changes.  See if you can get changed to a Linux (Unix) server, then try again.
Quote:403.1 - Execute access forbidden. The following are two common causes of this error message:
• You do not have enough Execute permissions. For example, you may receive this error message if you try to access an ASP page in a directory where permissions are set to None, or you try to execute a CGI script in a directory with Scripts Only permissions. To modify the Execute permissions, right-click the directory in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), click Properties, click the Directory tab, and make sure that the Execute Permissions setting is appropriate for the content that you are trying to access.
• The script mapping for the file type that you are trying to execute is not set up to recognize the verb that you are using (for example, GET or POST). To verify this, right-click the directory in the MMC, click Properties, click the Directory tab, click Configuration, and verify that the script mapping for the appropriate file type is set up to allow the verb that you are using.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318380/en-us
Time to hit the tech guy over the head.  I'm still getting the error page.