TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Virtuemart/Joomla - way confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
www.randasresale.com

I want to edit the background colors of the main sections, I want to figure out why I need all this nonsensical newsflash stuff, I want to figure out how I can lay this out better (cuz it looks like a mess to me) while maintaining order.  I've been browsing around the virtuemart and joomla forums all day and I'm not really getting very far, except when I'm playing around with it.

I'm just afraid that I will screw it up and not be able to get it back.
I have a feeling it has something to do with these modules and their positions, because I'd like for the newsflashes to display a bit more also, instead of just the few lines that they do, I'd like them to display more.
Quote:I'm just afraid that I will screw it up and not be able to get it back.

Make a backup of any files before you change them.

Quote: I want to figure out how I can lay this out better (cuz it looks like a mess to me) while maintaining order.

One way would be a different template.  If you follow the copyright link in the templates on PSU's demo you'll be able to find the sites that offer free templates .

You can change the appearance, display order, etc. of the front page and different sections by clicking on the different items in the front page manager, section manager (the newsflashes are in the front page manager).

If you go to Site>Template Manager you can edit the HTML and CSS of the different templates (select a template and then click the edit html button or edit CSS button)
You can also turn off modules (like the newsflashes, etc) from the modules>site modules manager.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=6554.msg39401#msg39401 date=1168028168]
One way would be a different template.  If you follow the copyright link in the templates on PSU's demo you'll be able to find the sites that offer free templates .
[/quote]

don't wanna different template.  I yike da one I have!    Headbang

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=6554.msg39401#msg39401 date=1168028168]
You can change the appearance, display order, etc. of the front page and different sections by clicking on the different items in the front page manager, section manager (the newsflashes are in the front page manager). [/quote]

specifically I want to change the height of the specific module that I have up that says Welcome to Randa's Resale, blah blah

If you go to Site>Template Manager you can edit the HTML and CSS of the different templates (select a template and then click the edit html button or edit CSS button)
[/quote]

I know that, but I don't know what all the .componentheading blah blah means 

/whine
oh yeah and as far as the CSS goes, I did already change the background colors (all the things that said background anyway) and it didnt change anything.    Icon_scratch
Quote:componentheading blah blah means 

That controls the heading appearance of everything listed under the component menu: Virtuemart, Polls, etc.

Quote:specifically I want to change the height of the specific module

Look for the heading in the css
I hope I can figure this out.  By the way, do you know what this means and should I change something?

Following PHP Server Settings are not optimal for Security and it is recommended to change them:

PHP register_globals setting is `ON` instead of `OFF`
Please check the Official Joomla! Server Security post for more information.
Randa, who's hosting your site?  I'm watching you and I'm going to make the jump myself.

Mrgreen
[quote author=FineThings4U link=topic=6554.msg39417#msg39417 date=1168032356]
Randa, who's hosting your site?  I'm watching you and I'm going to make the jump myself.

Mrgreen
[/quote]

tuliphosting of course!!!  lol.. I paid $60 or less for a year of hosting for two domains, PLENTY of space, and GREAT support/help!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5