TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 2007 Forecast to Be Hottest Year Ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Jan. 4, 2007 — A resurgent El Nino and persistently high levels of greenhouse gases are likely to make 2007 the world's hottest year ever recorded, British climate scientists said Thursday.

Britain's Meteorological Office said there was a 60 percent probability that 2007 would break the record set by 1998, which was 1.20 degrees over the long-term average.

"This new information represents another warning that climate change is happening around the world," the office said.

full article:
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/01/04...gory=earth&guid=20070104104500

Another article:
http://news.independent.co.uk/environmen...116873.ece
Okay, Miss Chiquita, I  am so glad you posted this, because now I can whine, damn it!!!

I am SO bloody sick of this freakin warm weather in the winter!! I miss the snow.  Sad  Not even one freakin inch this winter.  Tongue2

I miss covering myself in thick, cozy quilts at night with flannel pjs on----hell, even with the heat off, I still need the window open to be cool enough to sleep!  Tongue2

I miss toasting myself in front of the fire on the weekends------it's warm enough that I'd have to open multiple doors/windows if I lit a damn fire!!! Tongue2

There. I feel better.  Tongue3
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6555.msg39458#msg39458 date=1168043255]
Okay, Miss Chiquita, I  am so glad you posted this, because now I can whine, damn it!!!

I am SO bloody sick of this freakin warm weather in the winter!! I miss the snow.  Sad  Not even one freakin inch this winter.  Tongue2

I miss covering myself in thick, cozy quilts at night with flannel pjs on----hell, even with the heat off, I still need the window open to be cool enough to sleep!  Tongue2

I miss toasting myself in front of the fire on the weekends------it's warm enough that I'd have to open multiple doors/windows if I lit a damn fire!!! Tongue2

There. I feel better.  Tongue3

[/quote]
Belle, come on down to New Mexico, we have had a fire going for 2 weeks straight, I have socks on my socks, and fleece slipper boots. Brrrr  Tongue1
Quote:Belle, come on down to New Mexico, we have had a fire going for 2 weeks straight, I have socks on my socks, and fleece slipper boots. Brrrr

Don't tempt me!!! Happy001

Of course then I'll probably whine about being cold.  :blinkie:
Good thing I'm a desert rat.

Still no frickin snow here!! Oh, wait!! Today, we have a few flurries that melt on contact! Tongue2 Tongue2 Tongue2

I really miss the snow. Sad
54 and cloudy
Quote:2007 Forecast to Be Hottest Year Ever

Tongue2
Here it is mid-January and we have had very little snow. We had snow one day that lasted all of a few hours, then melted. It has been extremely warm (and wet). We are now dealing with flooding rains. The river near me is spilling over the banks, and the creeks are flooding as well. Today is the last day of rain and warm weather. Tonight it is going into the 20's and tomorrow it is going to be in the low 30's, which means everywhere there is standing water will freeze.

We might get snow later this week. At least now that the temps are going to be more winter-like, I will be able to wear my new coat and scarves I made in anticipation of cold weather.

I'm done whining. For now, at least  Wink
Was that me complaining about the lack of cold and snow? Smileyyellowbang

Well, we have snow-------blizzard conditions several days last week---------although not as much as usual.
Today, it is -8F;with the wind chill, it is 23 below zero!!!  Cold enough that school has been cancelled in our area and all the surrounding counties.  :blinkie:

My car did not want to start this am----it finally did, but it has never done that before.

I have a headache solely as a result of walking from my car to the gym entrance. Tongue2

I have a bad cold and feel and look like dirt.

Now where the hell is spring?!!!! Tongue1
Pages: 1 2