TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What is my site missing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.plasticpumpkin.com/store/xcart/home.php

Ok. New perspective. I'm starting a new thread just for this one topic.

Look at the front page of my site. Tell me what's missing. No, it's not a trick question. LOL.

Take a look at it and check it for the types of things you usually look for when you're shopping online. Is there a handy link that's missing? Is there some kind of an icon or blurb that would be helpful to you (or that you would look for)?

So far, I can see that I need to add the Live Help Customer Service box back to the front page. Not sure where to put it, but it will be added. Anything else?
Looks good.

You have your categories visible, and I also like to know where the cart is. It drives me nuts say when I have several items, and want to change the purchase not to find the blasted cart. Your menu is also easy to find and navigate.

Quote:Plastic Pumpkin Designs

Welcome to Plastic Pumpkin Designs
Cool T Shirts, wearables, bags, mouse pads, and other stuff.

This isn't important but I wonder if you took the text and centered it, how that would look. That might draw the eye to it first and then lead into the featured departments.

Other than that you utilized warm colors that are soothing and easy to read. It isn't too "busy" nor is it boring.
Thumbsup

I'm still looking, but I did notice one thing that might cost you a customer or two. Tard

The way the credit card logos are grouped, it appears that you only take cc's through paypal or google check-out----I know you have a merchant account, but looking at the logo display, IMO, it doesn't look as though you do.
Quote:The way the credit card logos are grouped, it appears that you only take cc's through paypal or google check-out----

I only see a PayPal logo at the bottom of the page.  :-\
Thanks Bell & Amy, I realized I had forgotten to put the credit card acceptance icons at the top of the page.

Since I'd prefer people use regular credit cards through my merchant account, would it be better to show the advertised credit cards at the top and leave PayPal at the bottom? Or add a line saying: We also accept PayPal, so it sounds like an "in addition to" thing?

Chiquita, thanks! I'll tweak that opening text. I'm not all that happy with it, anyway. LOL. I can also add the shopping cart link to several spots, instead of just in the default right column.
Quote:Since I'd prefer people use regular credit cards through my merchant account, would it be better to show the advertised credit cards at the top and leave PayPal at the bottom? Or add a line saying: We also accept PayPal, so it sounds like an "in addition to" thing?

If it were me, I would put the credit cards at the top, along with a PayPal logo(no pics of the cards they accept), and a Google check-out logo. i would definitely want my merchant acct logo/cards to take the spotlight.
Ok. I've added the CC card strip to the top of the page. I'm going to add a PP logo of the same size.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=6556.msg39522#msg39522 date=1168103676]
Thanks Bell & Amy, I realized I had forgotten to put the credit card acceptance icons at the top of the page.

Since I'd prefer people use regular credit cards through my merchant account, would it be better to show the advertised credit cards at the top and leave PayPal at the bottom? Or add a line saying: We also accept PayPal, so it sounds like an "in addition to" thing?

Chiquita, thanks! I'll tweak that opening text. I'm not all that happy with it, anyway. LOL. I can also add the shopping cart link to several spots, instead of just in the default right column.
[/quote]

I'll leave the experts to give you the techie advice. If you ever want advice on whether your site is too busy or cluttered I'm your humble servant. See ADD does come in handy. I get so easily distracted that simple is always a good thing.
:o
LOL!!!!!!
I see the credit card logos now  Icon_biggrin

//hijack

What percentage of your buyers use Discover Card?

Pages: 1 2 3