TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Israel plans nuclear strike on Iran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:You are not stupid silly Belle. Many people believe they have a weapon, it's very similar to what was spun about the WMD's in Iraq.
No editing needed.

Thanks, Chiquita. You are just being nice. Tongue  I know how dumb that was. Well, at least I learned (yet again, lol) to do my research before I speak. Smileyyellowbang

Going to go drown myself now, lol. Big Grin
Belle does have a point - it is not pretty, but the calculus of  X deaths if we do this, 100X if we do not is sometimes the real world.  The trick is not to get in that position in the first place.

We will never know if Iran is close or not, you cannot even believe people like Colin Powell.

Bush with his cowboy attitude has already caused North Korea to build nuclear weapons. (Fizzle pop --- well, semi-nuclear.)  Clinton had him bought off - also not pretty, but it was working. The world goes on, building nuclear weapons and using them are two different things, even for supposedly unstable leaders.

The technology for building nuclear weapons will become more and more accessable. That is the growth of technology.  We can try to push it back into Pandora's box or we can find out how to live with each other.

$532.8 billion is the projected 2007 cost of the US military, not including Iraq, Afganistan and whatever else they hide. That is as much, I have heard , as the next 17 nations combined. A small portion of that, dedicated to reducing poverty and promoting cooperation, could go a long way.

If it seems I am rambling, I am. This is one of several issues that could end human life on Earth. The environment is another but it is slower, much less obvious. The answer, the only long term answer that I see, is the raising of human consiousness to the point that war is unthinkable.

That would seem impossible, yet the alternative is unthinkable.
Pages: 1 2