TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Why new media items are listed for sale as used
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Recently, a friend told me she had seen my newest book, "CROSLEY: Two Brothers and a Business Empire that Transformed the Nation," offered for sale as a used book at Amazon.com before it was available in stores. (Actually, it was a couple of weeks before the book was printed.)

"How can they do that?" she asked in an indignant tone. "How can someone offer a used copy of a book that hasn't even been published yet?"

There are several answers to that question, answers that also address the question of why new books and other brand-new products - such as DVDs and CDs - are offered as "used" on eBay...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y207...bu0182/s04
Quote:why new books and other brand-new products - such as DVDs and CDs - are offered as "used" on eBay...

I didn't see any answer to my question: why do so many eBay sellers sell promotional not for resale copies of CDs and conveniently forget to mention in their listing that it's a promo? Angryfire