TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Momofuku Ando, age 96, Inventor of Instant Ramen Noodles Passes Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Momofuku Ando, the founder of Nissin Food Products Co. and inventor of instant ramen, died of heart failure Friday evening at a hospital in Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture, his family said. He was 96...

In 1948, he founded the precursor to Nissin and in 1958 unveiled Chicken Ramen, the world's first instant noodle product...

full article: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/n...107a2.html
I owe my life to this guy. Thank you, Momofuku!
His invention helped me out many times.
[quote author=Kristijntje link=topic=6573.msg39695#msg39695 date=1168192418]
His invention helped me out many times.
[/quote]

My son  Love4  the things!

Rest in peace, Momofuku Ando. Notworthy
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=6573.msg39693#msg39693 date=1168191677]
I owe my life to this guy. Thank you, Momofuku!
[/quote]

His noodles saved my life more than once too...the most recent time being the dot com crash when our revenues tumbled 95% almost overnight.
Quote:His noodles saved my life more than once too...the most recent time being the dot com crash when our revenues tumbled 95% almost overnight.

Thank you, Momofuku!

My kids love them. They grew up eating them, especially in the lean times. Being a single mom, we had our rough times and those sure did help.  And now that my son is off to college, he eats them quite frequently.

Rest in peace, Momofuku. And we thank you!
You can tell the financial stability of our household by our Ramen nights:

1.) Just ramen. (the pantry is mostly ramen, too) - we're doing baaaad

2.) Ramen with actual stuff in it (fresh veggies, kamaboko, grilled chicken, etc.) - we're doing gooood.

3.) Fresh (not instant) ramen noodles with stuff in it --we hit the lottery