TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay adds Sort Search Results By Category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***New Option to Sort Search Results by Category*** 

Hi everyone, I'm Esteban Kozak with eBay's Finding team. I'm back to introduce a new option that allows you to sort by category.

Sorting by category gives buyers a sense of the wide breadth of items available on eBay. You can find this option in the "Sort by" drop-down menu at the top of your search results.

How the "Category" sort works
This sort groups the listings in your search results by the category they were listed in. A header for each category represented will be followed by several listings, along with a link to see all the listings in that category that meet the search criteria.

For example, if you use this sort after searching for "Harry Potter," the first group of listings may be from the DVDs & Movies category, the next group from Books, and the next from Toys, etc.

The categories that are displayed are those that are most relevant to your search terms based on the same logic as our Best Match sort option (click here to learn more about Best Match). Please note, though, that the individual listings shown under each category header are simply those ending soonest from the most relevant subcategories.

I've started a thread on the Search discussion board with a list of Frequently Asked Questions and a screenshot that show you where to find the Category sort. I invite you to leave your feedback about the Category sort there too.

thread on eBay's Search discussion board: http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?t...2000296305&tstart=0&mod=1168290047568
Quote:The categories that are displayed are those that are most relevant to your search terms based on the same logic as our Best Match sort option

I was applauding this announcement until I read Best Match.