TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: This Week's Top Domain Name Sales: Exito.com, UltimateGuitar.com top $100K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This week's top 20 domain name sales included 14 .com names, 1 .mobi name, 2 .uk name, 1 .de name, 1 .es name, and 1 .br name
This week's top domain name sales:
Quote:1.  Exito.com  $121,560  at Moniker/ DomainSystems
2. UltimateGuitar.com $101,676 at Moniker/ DomainSystems
3. VN.com $100,000 at Sedo
4. InvisibleShield.com $38,000 at BuyDomains
5. LOC.com $34,000 at Sedo

full list of this week's top domain name sales: http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Quote:2.    UltimateGuitar.com    $101,676    at Moniker/ DomainSystems

Sign13 Sign13 Sign13

Riches await me.  Toothy10  I'm going to register ultimatedick ultimateboinktard ultimate asshole and every other ultimate name possible.  Toothy9
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=6600.msg40118#msg40118 date=1168491363]
Quote:2.    UltimateGuitar.com    $101,676    at Moniker/ DomainSystems

Sign13 Sign13 Sign13

Riches await me.  Toothy10  I'm going to register ultimatedick ultimateboinktard ultimate asshole and every other ultimate name possible.  Toothy9
[/quote]

Happy001

Someone please tell me why these domain names sell for so much money. I understand why sex.com was a big $ domain name, but "ultimateguitar"? Icon_scratch
Quote:Someone please tell me why these domain names sell for so much money. I understand why sex.com was a big $ domain name, but "ultimateguitar"?

It's a popular search term because one of the top 1000 websites in the world is called Ultimate Guitar.  The domain parking page has a Google PR of 5 and an Alexa rank of 198,614.  The www.ultimateguitar.com parking page get so many visitors because the domain name is capitalizing on all the searchers who don't realize the real Ultimate Guitar Tabs Archive's URL is www.ultimate-guitar.com (PR 6 Alexa 854)
Thanks for the fyi, Jez. I never realized that a hyphen could be so detrimental, lol.  Tongue3