TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: X-Cart Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:If all the images are stored in the database they will be included in SQL dump file.
If any of the images or all the images are stored on the file system, for backup purposes you should save them to a separate archieve file. Account must be taken of the structure of the catalogs in which these images are located.

Write SQL dump to file '/home/www/xxxxxxx.com/var/tmp/xcartdump.sql' (Do not forget to remove the file after downloading)

I was attempting to do a backup, and I was served with this message. Not a clue what they are referring to. Tard

Anyone know?
Yep.

Quote:If all the images are stored in the database they will be included in SQL dump file.
If any of the images or all the images are stored on the file system, for backup purposes you should save them to a separate archieve file. Account must be taken of the structure of the catalogs in which these images are located.

If you chose to have images stored in the database, they are automatically stored in the SQL backup file. If you stored them elsewhere (like somewhere in a folder on the hard drive), you'll need to have them backed up on a disc or on your computer somewhere, in case you ever need to recall them for some reason. They will *not* be backed up with the database.

Quote:  Write SQL dump to file '/home/www/XXXX.com/var/tmp/xcartdump.sql' (Do not forget to remove the file after downloading)

Go to that location on your web server and save the xcartdump.sql file to your computer, a disc, or whatever. That's your backup data file. Don't leave it on your server.
Thumbsup

Thank you!!
Update:  I received a firm quote from Qualiteam on integrating xcart with my design. A very reasonable $425-----I was pleasantly surprised! Tongue  The price includes installation.

On the down side, it will not be finished for at least 30 days. :blinkie:
Quote: A very reasonable $425

Very good price.  Smile